Quiet B8 forum???

AshA4

Ash
Reaction score
Guys, is this B8 A4/S4 Forum always this quiet?
Dont seem many in here other than a couple of regular posters, or do you all use a different forum?

I don't know, I don't have much to post about yet because I don't have the car... :(

I would love to see some more B8 cars modded and things but it's not really the kind of car that a lot of folk buy to mod out really is it? Most seem to have it for kids and stuff so they would probably get woken up/sick if you crashed over bumps on coilovers all the time! Haha.

That said I'll make sure I'm about if there's anything I need for my car. :) Did you have anything in mind for what you were expecting to see about?

I guess most people have come to their senses about the crappy audi engines, and moved over to BMW!

Lots of activity and chats over there!

Nah it's because we are all out in our superb looking cars and haven't got time to go on the Internet! Oh wait I am damm! Triple D you have to admit Audis look so much better than Beemers! And not everyone's sad enough to worry about getting 5mpg less than the book figure or whatever it was :o.k:

They do look so much better and I think that the interiors are 100% better in terms of looks.

According to the official figures it looks like he'd actually be getting between 12 and 15mpg (combined) less than he should which I'd say is a pretty big difference!

They do look so much better and I think that the interiors are 100% better in terms of looks.

According to the official figures it looks like he'd actually be getting between 12 and 15mpg (combined) less than he should which I'd say is a pretty big difference!

I personally think that all manafacturers mpg figures are crap just some more than others so you have to expect it! Also if I really wanted a car with great mpg and wasn't bothered about looks like Beemer drivers obviously aren't! I would buy a Prius! :whistle2:

That's true... If mpg was all you were after then you'd be driving another car, but it would still be nice for the manufacturers to come up with more accurate or realistic figues for us I'd say so that you aren't so shocked when you have to refuel 25% more often than expected like TripleD will be doing just now!

That said, I'm currently getting a knat's knacker higher than the quoted combined figure for my VXR and that's almost completely town driving! And only 5 mpg lower than TripleD!! :wtf:

Nah it's because we are all out in our superb looking cars and haven't got time to go on the Internet! Oh wait I am damm! Triple D you have to admit Audis look so much better than Beemers! And not everyone's sad enough to worry about getting 5mpg less than the book figure or whatever it was :o.k:

I loved the look of my Audi, but 5MPG less ..... do you work for Audi? It's booked at 54 and returns 35 at best!
It's not 'sad' it's the fact that I do high mileage, and it hits my pocket when a car returns a stupid figure!

More mpg talk...................................... :puke2: :banghead:

Hi All, I agree this is a very quiet forum.

So for the good of all let talk about your thoughts of my car.

15898824_large.jpg

15898820_large.jpg

15898823_large.jpg

15898821_large.jpg

15898818_large.jpg

15898817_large.jpg

15898822_large.jpg

15898825_large.jpg

Reactions: Mad-Dog and Pyeman
Bracer thats gleaming!!
Pick my A4 up on thursday morning, the salesman phoned me today to say it would be ready to collect Thursday or Friday so Thursday as soon as the dealership opens I'll be there! I'll be more active in the forums from then I'm sure and I'll get some photos taken - bought a new camera in March and not used it much so will be the perfect excuse! :yes:

Hi All, I agree this is a very quiet forum.

So for the good of all let talk about your thoughts of my car.

Okay, asides from the badging on the back ....

Colour ... awesome
wheels .... personally not my cup of tea, too many spokes to clean ... but look nice

Yep and join a BMW forum where you can rant on about your rubbish Audi.
You must still be hankering after an Audi otherwise you wouldn't keep coming back.

lol saucer of milk table 2!:moa:

Cheers Wolvo, (Is that a play on Volvo ?) Ex Volvo Driver Here Myself :whistle2:

Whats the Spec of your eagerly awaiting A4 ?

Bracer thats gleaming!!
Pick my A4 up on thursday morning, the salesman phoned me today to say it would be ready to collect Thursday or Friday so Thursday as soon as the dealership opens I'll be there! I'll be more active in the forums from then I'm sure and I'll get some photos taken - bought a new camera in March and not used it much so will be the perfect excuse! :yes:

Right so the badging on the back is no good then ?

So who else thinks a debadging secession is required ?

Wheel's this has been a bit of a sticking point for me also.
somedays I think they look great others I'm not sure.

Does anyone else think these should be changed and if so do you have any recommendation ?

All comments are greatly appreciated.

Okay, asides from the badging on the back ....

Colour ... awesome
wheels .... personally not my cup of tea, too many spokes to clean ... but look nice

Right so the badging on the back is no good then ?

So who else thinks a debadging secession is required ?

Wheel's this has been a bit of a sticking point for me also.
somedays I think they look great others I'm not sure.

Does anyone else think these should be changed and if so do you have any recommendation ?

All comments are greatly appreciated.

Not debadging as such, more the MPG talk. Althought I did always fancy debadging the A4 I had.
I'm a big fan of the simple 5 spokes, the Dynamik and Black Edition alloys I think look awesome.

If your in the modding bug, I looked into the RS4 grill options. Also looking into the DTUK tuning box option as I didn't fancy having the ECU taken out.

Triple, what's this MPG talk ?

I agreed with you on the wheels but I do also like the fact that I've not seen another A4 Avant with the same rims as mine.

As for modding, I'm already running a custom mapped ecu, lowered H&R suspension and wheel spacers.

Looking into a larger FMI, exhaust, tints and tunes.

So any recommendation's would be appreciated.

Not debadging as such, more the MPG talk. Althought I did always fancy debadging the A4 I had.
I'm a big fan of the simple 5 spokes, the Dynamik and Black Edition alloys I think look awesome.

If your in the modding bug, I looked into the RS4 grill options. Also looking into the DTUK tuning box option as I didn't fancy having the ECU taken out.

Triple, what's this MPG talk ?

I agreed with you on the wheels but I do also like the fact that I've not seen another A4 Avant with the same rims as mine.

As for modding, I'm already running a custom mapped ecu, lowered H&R suspension and wheel spacers.

Looking into a larger FMI, exhaust, tints and tunes.

So any recommendation's would be appreciated.

Have a search, there's a massive thread about it, but it wasn't just that, it was combined with the poor service from two dealerships and Audi uk!

Tints look good, as for tunes, there's a big enough boot for that, but as standard the Bose was good enough IMO.
Have a look at the Dynamik rear defusers, that would look good too!

Cheers Wolvo, (Is that a play on Volvo ?) Ex Volvo Driver Here Myself :whistle2:

Whats the Spec of your eagerly awaiting A4 ?

Wolvo is just one of many nicknames for me as my last names Wolverson, tried to get Kim but is was already taken.
The A4 is a 2009 2.0TDI (143 PS) S-Line in brilliant red with the 5 spoke alloys. Aways had Fords, some which were modified abit too much. Made it into a couple of chav magazines with one. Not really wanting to modify the A4, I think some window tints might be as far as I take it, and possibly painting up the calipers in black. Has anyone else painted their calipers and posted photos up do you know??
Cheers

That's more like it guys, even if we did go off topic on the MPG stuff, on that note my average since getting the car is 39.2 with my trip to work this morning averaging 50.1 but I have been driving about a bit since getting the car, with the odd heavy foot session :)

As for what I am expecting here, is not to see most topics with a last reply over 14 hours ago and some weeks, I am just used to posts being quite busy I guess, but then the Mondeo ST TDCi had plenty of faults to keep us busy :(

Bracer car looks very nice mate, alloys I like ABT badges not so much, I am thinking of de-badging the back of mine as well...

Sounds a nice spec.

To note I've painted my calipers ............. Yellow :yes:

Wolvo is just one of many nicknames for me as my last names Wolverson, tried to get Kim but is was already taken.
The A4 is a 2009 2.0TDI (143 PS) S-Line in brilliant red with the 5 spoke alloys. Aways had Fords, some which were modified abit too much. Made it into a couple of chav magazines with one. Not really wanting to modify the A4, I think some window tints might be as far as I take it, and possibly painting up the calipers in black. Has anyone else painted their calipers and posted photos up do you know??
Cheers

Just wanted to add my bit for the whole mpg thing.

My average is 47mpg dead but As I say I am mapped and this has defo improved things even when I'm using the 200+hp

That's more like it guys, even if we did go off topic on the MPG stuff, on that note my average since getting the car is 39.2 with my trip to work this morning averaging 50.1 but I have been driving about a bit since getting the car, with the odd heavy foot session :)

As for what I am expecting here, is not to see most topics with a last reply over 14 hours ago and some weeks, I am just used to posts being quite busy I guess, but then the Mondeo ST TDCi had plenty of faults to keep us busy :(

Bracer car looks very nice mate, alloys I like ABT badges not so much, I am thinking of de-badging the back of mine as well...

My average is 47mpg dead but As I say I am mapped and this has defo improved things even when I'm using the 200+hp

Average from dis or average from actual calculations?
Yeah my dealership told me to remap it, it was 5 months old tho!

Lol, true average as calculated.

My car was 3 months old when I got it mapped.

My opinion, no down sides at all and I would get any TDI I own mapped even if I didn't want the extra go it would be for the mpg alone !

Average from dis or average from actual calculations?
Yeah my dealership told me to remap it, it was 5 months old tho!

Avant custom subwoofer install

try that for a decent sub install, it's the same for a non B&O setup.

S4 brakes? As I understand it, you just need to change the caliper carriers, discs and retaining springs

Exhaust - Milltek with an S4 splitter

Hesl, that is exactly the sub setup I've been looking into. Currently trying to locate another luggage compartment that I can chop about.

Brakes would probably be last on the list at the moment as I have no issues with the standard stoppers but will upgrade most probably when something needs replacing even if that's just the pads.

The Milteck Zorst sounds and looks great but I've always gone custom on previous cars but as I'm getting lazy in my log age may just get an off the shelf item.

If anyone has any vid clips of zorsts preferably on a TDI I'd be interest in viewing these.

Avant custom subwoofer install

try that for a decent sub install, it's the same for a non B&O setup.

S4 brakes? As I understand it, you just need to change the caliper carriers, discs and retaining springs

Exhaust - Milltek with an S4 splitter

Even though i am at present working hard offshore I'll add a bit to this forum just to keep the op happy.
I have averaged 20mpg since may 1st, this is according to the DIS so my actual mpg is probably less! however even if it was averaging 2.5mpg I still wouldn't buy a BMW!!!!!
I work with a few lads who have BMWs and they are really jealous of every other car owner, especially the ones with Audis. They say that their lives have taken a turn for the worse since they realised that every British journalists positive review of their car has been pure fabrication and that they wish they had read other nations (German, france, Spain and of course the good old US of A) more unbiased reviews.
That's all for now!

Anyone running HDD nav with the google map thingy? Any opinions?

Not sure mate, I would have thought so, but don't quote me on it.

Never mind, I just looked it up on the Sudi website and it only comes with Google maps if you choose the phone prep high... Not bothered if it doesn't come with it because the nav looks good already and will, hopefully, get me where I need to go without Google Earth. And apparently it comes with the traffic monitoring through the radio and so has dynamic route guidance. Didn't know that so it's awesome! :)