Non responsive acceleration after braking

DarkerBright

Reaction score
Hi, I'm sure this will have been discussed but I couldn't find a thread so appologies, please feel free to point me in the right direction if it has been mentioned else where on the forum.

I have just bought a 2010 3.0 Tdi S-Tronic Quattro Avant from a stealer. I've noticed a weird effect when I brake and then accelerate, for instance at roundabouts or traffic lights that change from red to green before I come to a stand still. Basically there is either a lag followed by a jerking or worse a long pause before anything happens. Yesterday I pulled out onto a main road in front of a lorry, safely but cutting it a little fine, I'd slowed up to the junction and saw I had a large enough gap and put my foot down and the car seemed to roll out in to the road before I had to release the accelerator and jam it down again before anything happened. Scared the living daylights out of me!!

Any idea what's up. Can it be fixed?

Cheers

I noticed this a little bit when out on a test drive with the same engine/gearbox combo interestingly enough. I tried it a few times and came to the conclusion (whether actually right or wrong) that it was because it had preselected a lower gear or had de-clutched and then suddenly it was asked to accelerate and it's caught off guard. You can do it at higher speeds and it doesn't mind so much, just at really slow speeds it seems to take a second to catch up. Thankfully it seems that this has been highlighted and fixed with the facelift models as I tried it again on my last test drive and couldn't get it to happen...

No fix that I know of though I'm afraid. :(

Hi and thanks for the reply.

Seems strange that the problem isn't as pronounced on the new models, don't they have the same engine and gearbox? I think I read on another forum, maybe one based out of the U.S, that there might be a ECU update that fix's the issue? anyone else had the issue and had it fixed or is it something I have to live with?

Cheers

To be honest it could well be an update that would fix it. I highly doubt (but don't know for sure) that the 3.0 TDi S-Tronic hardward has been changed for the facelift version of the B8 so that would make me think that an ECU update would solve it. Might be worth just asking your local Audi dealer, depending on how knowledgable they are of course.

Might ask the dealer, see what they have to say about it. If anyone else comes across this post and has had the same issue and had it fixed or not please do let me know. I'll let you know what the dealer has to say about it when I have chance to get in touch.
Cheers