Aux in??

Hi all

Just a quickie really, i have a b8 with standard concert radio player, no sat nav and no multichanger in glove box, i only have 12v out under armrest, what are my options for connecting my iphone to the car speakers??

Thanks

Sure you dont have minijack in under the armrest?

I hae seen that sote before, but i was wandering if there was just something a little easier and less expensive. And i have checked again and there is defo nothing under the armrest apart from the 12 v out.

if you want to control your ipod on the stereo and between the dials then im not sure there is anything, but i may be wrong

You may be right, even if I could just control it from my iphone that would be fine for me. you would have thought that audi would have included a simple thing as an aux in as standard!

One easy way is to use an FM transmitter

FM transmitters are tbh useless these days, so many frequencies in use & constantly moving to unused frequency when on the move, one of the most worthless items I ever bought years ago tbh.

Is your stereo an audi infotainment or MMI?
If its MMI it shouldnt need a replacement head unit so should cost less

I am picking my B8 A4 up on Wednesday, but when I viewed it I am sure there was an AUX jack in the centre console (under arm rest) ??

I am assuming this will let me use my iphone for music but I will not be able to control it via MMI or steering wheel, but I am OK with that as have the symphony with SD slot :)

Last edited:
B6 A4? You sure you dont mean B8?