Monster MotorsportEM Tuning
    1st Gear

Status

Letting the beast go....

So today i px the S4 in against a carbon black 520d msport touring. I just thought i would put a few lines down regarding my car and wish everyone happy times with their cars moving forward.

So my S4 was new in March 2010 i was the only owner. She was/is Sprint blue on the 19" RS4 alloys, with fully sport seat, B&O, Blue tooth, parking sensors and ADS on the suspension only.

Firstly the B&O is fantastic on a CD but not so sweet on the radio as i didnt have DAB (mistake number 1).

I didnt opt for sat-nav because i dont need it (i know where i am going), and this was mistake number 2 as it killed the PX value.

I found that sprint blue hid the dirty very very well and a quick clean of the wheel and not the body almost had it looking as good as new.

Performace is sensational, unfortunatly handling isnt. My car sits on a nasty set of dunlops and doesnt have the sports diff (mistake number 3). I found understeer to be a problem and the back goes light under heavy braking. IMO the car is too quick for its self in this configuration.

So why am i selling her? Cost of running and servicing plays a big part. I also find that i do not enjoy driving enough anymore to pop out when the roads are clear to have a quick blast. Instead i find myself only able to go as fast as the diesel car infront and at 24 mpg that gets a tad frustrating.

The exhaust note on the car is a little mutted from inside but is much nicer when you hear one pass on the road.

Mechanically i had the water pump blow, the thermostat replaced and the light seals redone.

Whoever is luck enough to buy my car is going to get a real treat as i looked after it fantastically. She has just gone over 17K today.

Thanks for reading, good luck and maybe i will either see you on the dark side or back here in a few years.

Phil.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Good luck, the 520d is a great car. I've had my S4 for 3 months now and love it, I have all the bits you said you should have spec'd and am glad that I took the advice of several owners across a few forums before I ordered.
    Enjoy the dark side!
    Now on the drive - Lava grey S4 Avant Black edition, ADS, Sports Diff, Magma/black super sports seats etc...

1st Gear

Status
    For me it all came down to price. The options i missed would have been the straw that broke the camels back.

Fantastic car though, its been a very enjoyable ownership experience. She will be missed.....