Chris NottVolks Autos
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 2.0 Tfsi hesitation whilst under Hard Acceleration

6th Gear

Status
    haha, thats the problem, there isnt one really near my home but on my way back from work there is one when i top up every week
    You will still have Hesitaion if you have only used one tank of V power, you need to get a few tanks and filter it all through like i did and now its gone.
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.

Reputation given for the best answer.

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Audi Dynamik View Post
    haha, thats the problem, there isnt one really near my home but on my way back from work there is one when i top up every week
    You will still have Hesitaion if you have only used one tank of V power, you need to get a few tanks and filter it all through like i did and now its gone.
    I wonder if this is like when I mapped my VXR and they state to only use 98+ fuel as the timing settings have been changed so it can't cope as well with potential knocking (or something along those lines). I used to use Momentum, have you tried any high octane fuels apart from V-Power to see if that's possibly the problem so any fuel with this rating could be used?
    Daytona Grey A4 3.0 TDi Quattro S-Tronic Black Edition

6th Gear

Status
    Tried Tesco Momentum which caused the problem, now after using a few tanks of V Power its gone.
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.

Reputation given for the best answer.

2nd Gear

Status
    Tried Tesco Momentum which caused the problem, now after using a few tanks of V Power its gone.
    Worst of it is I have just banged in a whole tank of momentum!!!!!

2011 A4 2.0 TFSI Quattro Dynamik. IBIS White.

Bird is the Word!

Status

Re: 2.0 Tfsi hesitation whilst under Hard Acceleration

Must be dependent on engine / remap type. I run mine on momentum and have never had any issues, tried V-Power and it's no better or worse for me
    S3 8P2 Ice Silver, RNS-E, Bluetooth, iPod connection, Adaptive xenons, black styling pack, sunroof, privacy glass
    Mods since owned: Milltek Resonated TBE, Neuspeed P-Flo, Loba HPFP, Sachs Clutch with Loba SMF, Unicorn Motor Developments custom remap, brakes + suspension upgrades, LEDs internal and external, more interior kit

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by warren_S3 View Post
    Whilst I appreciate there are a lot opinions here (and strangely people performing hard acceleration when the car is not fully warmed up -WTF?), Audi's are not immune to faults, and OEM parts can and usually do contribute to poor running (DV's / spark plugs, air leaks, fuel pump cam lobes etc.).

When similar issues have been experienced by S3 owners who have been mapping these cars since 2006, it has almost always been a fault of the cars hardware rather than a software issue, and even people who have switched maps go on to have further problems.

Suggestions are you get your settings checked (B/T/F), keep a spare set of plugs handy (I change ours every 10-15k), and you check you have the latest release of the code.

Revo shouldn't be subject to trial on here, especially where people are going by assumption rather than qualified testing / facts. I'd strongly suggest if you have issues you get them investigated professionally rather than just sounding off on here as that doesn't move the game forward at all, and is unfair to Revo. Thank you. As you were.
    This. Everybody experiences hardware failures. OP, software doesn't change over time, so if your car didn't have this hesitation from the moment you've been remapped, but rather began this hesitation recently it's most likely a hardware failure. Plugs, injectors, coil packs, MAF sensors, Diverter valves, exhaust leaks, etc. are some of the most frequent failures that can cause issues as you're describing. If you choose not to go straight to a technician and have access to a VAG COM cable, I would recommend scanning for codes first. If that proves inconclusive, your next step would be to run logs to see if you are misfiring or going into component protection due timing pull from bad gasoline or improper calibration. Logs are very valuable. Lastly, it may be time to bite the bullet and have a professional look a little deeper at these symptoms.

I used to Run my Car on Tesco 99 and i started having the Hesitation problems,
    I have recently been on Holiday with a Tank full of V Power been down South to the Isle of Wight for a week and then to Devon for a week clocked up 960 Mile in 2 week with using nothing but Shell V Power and the hesitation has vanished !!
    Now this is interesting, because unless your remap is calibrated to the razors edge of performance, a change in gasoline shouldn't show any change in drivability, but again we don't know the root of the symptoms in the first place so it's hard to say. Glad to hear your symptoms are gone though
    Last edited by Evan@APR; 21st September 2012 at 14:20.
    APR UK
    www.goapr.co.uk | facebook | elight@goapr.com | 0845 680 3527

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12