Bluetooth audio

DirtyHarry

Reaction score
As the title says has/does anyone know if you can stream music to the mmi using Android phone .

I want to stream internet/music using an app on my phone.

Mixed sources says facelift A4/S4 are now equipped and capable of this. Has anyone got an answer to this?

Don't think you can, I'll have a look tomorrow for you but I can't really see the need for it, mine has DAB, iPod connection, HD jukebox, cd, sd card slots and good old FM - overkill, really as all the wife listens to is Metro radio!

thing is all i listen these days now is internet radio and i dont have iphone/ipod. Most of the radio stations are interupted with garbage.

longp2, saw pics of your car in profile. Very nice indeed. Was looking at the surround around the binnacle, is it piano blackand was it an no cost option? The magma seats, are they easy to clean as to having black ones?

Appreciate it if you could find out about the streaming audio

Trim is a no cost option on the black edition, i was going to go with the carbon inserts but that would have been another £300, so far the seats haven't picked up any dirt. I had the interior autoglym'd so that may help, I was going to just go with the all black seats but glad I took a chance on the magma as they do lift the interior

Just checked, I have a blackberry and can stream music from it through the MMI.

Looking at the catalogue for the B8, it shows a 3.5mm jack adapter for the ami, so if you have this system, then just buy the ami adapter lead & use this to get the audio in.

I seem to recall someone posting up a BT streaming unit recently, do a search through, as audi have discontinued the streaming adapters they used to have.

Oooohh thats interesting, the new cars have built in BT streaming system, tell me more.

Thanks for checking Longp2. I dont know much about Blackberrys but if it works in yours then its ****** great news. Just need to check from an Android phone. If all fails though, as NHN was saying, I could just get a cable with the 3.5mm jack from Audi for 25quid. There is a device for bluetooth streaming Audi 3G MMI Bluetooth Music Streaming - Home but will wait till I get my car in November. I sent them an email to confirm if its compatible with 3G mmi and they said its no problem.

Long p2, how many miles you're averaging if you dont mind me asking.

Looking at the catalogue for the B8, it shows a 3.5mm jack adapter for the ami, so if you have this system, then just buy the ami adapter lead & use this to get the audio in.

I seem to recall someone posting up a BT streaming unit recently, do a search through, as audi have discontinued the streaming adapters they used to have.

I got 2 cables with mine, one for an iPod and one with a USB connection but you can get a cable to suit almost everything. I'd never even considered streaming as all of my music is on an 80 g iPod and as I said before my wife just listens to the radio, but when I tried it it worked very well. Basically once the phone is connected via Bluetooth you get an option in the telephone settings to stream music from the device - simple.

Thanks for checking Longp2. I dont know much about Blackberrys but if it works in yours then its ****** great news. Just need to check from an Android phone. If all fails though, as NHN was saying, I could just get a cable with the 3.5mm jack from Audi for 25quid. There is a device for bluetooth streaming Audi 3G MMI Bluetooth Music Streaming - Home but will wait till I get my car in November. I sent them an email to confirm if its compatible with 3G mmi and they said its no problem.

I'm getting between 250 and 300 miles between each fill up, I say fill up rather than per tank full as I fill up when the miles to go readout is on 0 and the most I've managed to put in is 55 litres, the tank is meant to hold 65 litres so the reserve must be quite large.
95% of our daily use is stop start traffic and when I drop my wife off at work ( she uses the car when I'm away for the same journey) I get around 26 mpg for the journey. On a 70 mph dual carriageway run the car will sit at almost 40mpg.
This S4 is much more economical than the B7 that I had and also as good as my Octavia vrs, however my misses has a lead foot and so do I and I'd have bought a diesel if mpg was a priority! The car is awesome and puts a grin on my face every time I rag (drive) it.

Forgot to ask what you're getting?

Im getting S4 Avant , Glacier white, BE, with 19in Titanium. Same as yours LongP2. Super sport seats (have not made my mind up on the colour), B&O, Drive Select + Sports Diff + Damping). No NAV/GPS
Does anyone know with this setup, will the jog wheel/buttons be on the centre console?

Im getting S4 Avant , Glacier white, BE, with 19in Titanium. Same as yours LongP2. Super sport seats (have not made my mind up on the colour), B&O, Drive Select + Sports Diff + Damping). No NAV/GPS
Does anyone know with this setup, will the jog wheel/buttons be on the centre console?

Yes the controls are on the centre console, the white BE looks very nice.

Sorry for my ignorance but i have seen on some cars , the MMI controls are just beneath the radio. Why is that

Sorry for my ignorance but i have seen on some cars , the MMI controls are just beneath the radio. Why is that

If you do not spec nav then the buttons are beneath the radio, if you do spec nav then they are next to the gear lever. Sorry if I confused you.

Not got this streaming ability on mine. No option in Phone Bluetooth settings for streaming.
Got DAB / BT / NAV etc on the 2012 Technik model.

Not got this streaming ability on mine. No option in Phone Bluetooth settings for streaming.
Got DAB / BT / NAV etc on the 2012 Technik model.

Once your phone is connected via Bluetooth, push the media button and then the sources button - you should get the choice of iPod, jukebox, sd card and your phone.

Once your phone is connected via Bluetooth, push the media button and then the sources button - you should get the choice of iPod, jukebox, sd card and your phone.

Under Media source: Get the SD Cards / CD Drive but no ipod. I can get it if I connect via cable in the glovebox.
The Jukebox option is for the "HD Sat Nav" system - which I do not have - maybe I need this level of MMI for the BT audio streaming?

Last edited:
Select telephone, settings, Bluetooth, Bluetooth music player on.
Once you've done this your phone should appear in the media sources.

Ha! Unfortunately not mate, still here. I'll drop you a text and stop hijacking the OPs thread :)