Newcastle Audi franchise

S.line

Reaction score
Evening all. I would like to express my feelings with the above Audi franchise. I purchased a used 58 a4 s line avant back in December last year. When the deal was done I was promised ALL stone chips, repairs, dents, faults and the extra paid for the autoglym valet would be sorted for me when I pick the car up. When I collected the car, the weather was awful so, being v excited I signed over and drove off home.

Error!

The next day I went to wash the car I noted NOTHING had been touched!

The car was in fact was a clip. Water wouldn't bead up on the paint work, stone chips were still there, headlight washer wouldn't retract, led DRL,s different colour, hell of a wobble while driving, drivers seat looked like a taxi drivers (well not quite that bad), so back to Audi take 1

After a chat with the guy who was manager at the time he was disgusted at the state of the car and immediately booked it in for repairs.

I went back to pick the car up and pointed to a new manager that all they had repaired some of the stone chips. He said "I'm not going to change the DRL's as they are within audi's tolerances, the fault is caused by phosphorous build up on the led's" and "you have to expect some damage to a car as it is second hand".

Then my gasket started to blow.

I came home and phoned Audi UK who were to be fair quite helpful. Even though I never wanted to tell them where I got the car from, they asked my reg plate then said they would sort it.

I took the car back a second time for further repairs and got a call from the Newcastle manager who said "we are giving the car a full polish, sorting out the drivers seat, changed a rear alloy as it was badly buckled and changing the air filter (which was black!!) but Audi won't warrant a repair the DRL's as they are within spec....however as a good will gesture, will fit new headlights to both sides"

I then went to pick the car up again and still things weren't right. Stone chips badly touched in, they fitted a Pirelli tyre when the other 3 were conti's - which looked odd, they missed a section on the bonnet when doing the polish which does my nut in! I pointed these out but the manager was hard faced and wouldn't do anything more so my wife told me to just leave it.

More recently my car went to a different north east Audi for a rattle thats appeared and a fuel flap fault who were great. I mentioned some of the issues I had and he looked at the car and said he wouldn't dream of letting a car go in that state. He then got newcastle Audi to call me to sort things out. I took it back there yesterday and still he was adamant its a used car so it's never going to be perfect. He said he would have the car back for a 3rd time to put things right. I have spoken to a car valet guy who has looked at the car and pointed out swirls and holograms ? In the paint work and even he asked did I buy it from Newcastle Audi.

He estimated £180 to give the car a full professional valet inside and out and coat the paint work etc. I spoke to the manager at newc. Audi who said he would go halfies with me but that was his limit. He also said that it would cost me anywhere from £80-500 to sort the rattle as its not covered by the full? Warranty.

What are your thoughts on this and what can I do or am I just being fussy, I mean it's only cost me £16,700 for the car plus finance.....

Rant over for now...

Sorry to hear about this, even if the car had cost £500 you should have got better service than that. I thought that you got a full years warranty with all used Audis so can't so putting any rattles right shouldn't be an issue.
I bought my new Audi from the dealer in mackam land and can't fault them, I also bought my last 2nd hand Audi from them and they even changed the windscreen wipers for nothing when I went in to ask how much they would cost!
Let us know how the detailing goes, hopefully she'll be as good as new when you get her back.

Go back to audi uk, try richard starkey iirc whose the CS director, jeremy hicks has left so they have a new MD, search online & email directly, usually email address goes 1st name.last name@audi.co.uk

Disgusting attitude & tbh what totally ridiculous way to treat you as though a slight polish & touch up pen would fix it.

I had issues with Teesside Audi they are incompitent i would never buy a car from them again,that said they washed my car after being told several times i didnt want it touching when it was in for some warranty work last year,they swirled my paint i got a quote from a local detailer for full correction which was £300 Teesside Audi agreed to pay for the correction,i also had lots of other issues when they serviced the car and ended up getting compensation upto £150 to take my family out for a meal fm the manager,i also got £200 Audi vouchers from Audi UK,but it wasnt until i contacted Audi UK that the dealer started to listen and put things right,stick to your guns mate a car shouldnt be sold in that state when i got mine home first day i was checking round it and lifted the drivers mat up to find a shed load of leaves yeah nice vallet lads i went mental.That said you have drove out of the garage with the car in that state but im sure it will be once bitten twice shy and you will never let that happen again,but you shouldnt have to have these issues for me the dealership just take the pi$$ almost soured the brand for me but i love my motor i will just stay clear of my local dealership aswell as Newcastle by the sounds of it they just the same,not sure if they still are but Newcastle,Wearside and Teesside Audi used to be the same franchise?

Newcastle, Teeside, Tyneside and Wearside are all part of the Colebrook and Burgess motor group....

Colebrook and Burgess

Doesn't sound like they will have the franchise for long going by the standards described here....

Edit - Colebrook and Burgess were taken over by Benfield motor group so all four dealers under Benfield.

Last edited:
Like I said, I can't fault Wearside Audi, but my last car was a Benfield car and I would not use or recommend them to anyone.

Christ, just read north east Audis website and they are all now owned by Benfield! So it seems that I have ignored my own advice and bought another car from them!

To be honest it was in fact wearside Audi that was the other dealer. I wish I went there as even when the guy talked to me he sounded human and listened to what I had to say. Newcastle Audi just kept saying what do you want me to do, until I gave in....but sounded positive when he told me the rattle was going to cost £80-500 to sort, even had a date almost booked the bellend!!!

I had issues with Teesside Audi they are incompitent i would never buy a car from them again,that said they washed my car after being told several times i didnt want it touching when it was in for some warranty work last year,they swirled my paint i got a quote from a local detailer for full correction which was £300 Teesside Audi agreed to pay for the correction,i also had lots of other issues when they serviced the car and ended up getting compensation upto £150 to take my family out for a meal fm the manager,i also got £200 Audi vouchers from Audi UK,but it wasnt until i contacted Audi UK that the dealer started to listen and put things right,stick to your guns mate a car shouldnt be sold in that state when i got mine home first day i was checking round it and lifted the drivers mat up to find a shed load of leaves yeah nice vallet lads i went mental.That said you have drove out of the garage with the car in that state but im sure it will be once bitten twice shy and you will never let that happen again,but you shouldnt have to have these issues for me the dealership just take the pi$$ almost soured the brand for me but i love my motor i will just stay clear of my local dealership aswell as Newcastle by the sounds of it they just the same,not sure if they still are but Newcastle,Wearside and Teesside Audi used to be the same franchise?
Teeside Audi have given me nothing but first class service, can't fault them in any way. :thumbsup:

Teeside Audi have given me nothing but first class service, can't fault them in any way. :thumbsup:

Glad to hear of someone getting decent service off Teesside,i know at least 5 other people who have had nothing but hassle from them my old man included on his new A6 he bought from them.

lesson 1 - dont buy a car in the rain
lesson 2 - take a really anal mate with you to check the car over before you sign, i've looked at a few now at dealers, new owner about to sign and i point out a few faults :)

lesson 1 - dont buy a car in the rain
lesson 2 - take a really anal mate with you to check the car over before you sign, i've looked at a few now at dealers, new owner about to sign and i point out a few faults :)
Just buy a new one !:idea:

Just buy a new one !:idea:

I don't know if that always solves the problem though... I had a friend say he walked into an Audi dealership up here in Scotland and found somone using furnature polish on an A6 pre-delivery to make it shinier. Brand new and they're doing that to it, what the hell?! The last car I bought new from Aberdeen Audi was Ibis and practically impossible to see swirls etc in low light (outside) but for my daytona I'm going to have a real close look to make sure there isn't anything on it me thinks.

I don't know if that always solves the problem though... I had a friend say he walked into an Audi dealership up here in Scotland and found somone using furnature polish on an A6 pre-delivery to make it shinier. Brand new and they're doing that to it, what the hell?! The last car I bought new from Aberdeen Audi was Ibis and practically impossible to see swirls etc in low light (outside) but for my daytona I'm going to have a real close look to make sure there isn't anything on it me thinks.

just tell them not to wash it, and you still want the white protection film etc still on it

just tell them not to wash it, and you still want the white protection film etc still on it

Hmmm, not a bad idea at all! But then if there are scratches/swirls I'm sure that I could arrange for a correction at their expense (at least partly) and if not then there's no issue surely? :) Sounds like a win win and then I can get it sealed for winter at the same time. Haha.

Well, just had a call from Sunderland who's gonna look into if more for me.

For a manager who never made the sale but still bends over backwards to try and help me says alot. Next time I will be going there.

Bad craic from Newcastle tho, very poor indeed!!! Boils my bladder but I won't be going again, not without my boxing gloves anyway!!!

Well, just had a call from Sunderland who's gonna look into if more for me.

For a manager who never made the sale but still bends over backwards to try and help me says alot. Next time I will be going there.

Bad craic from Newcastle tho, very poor indeed!!! Boils my bladder but I won't be going again, not without my boxing gloves anyway!!!

It doesn't matter to the manager whether he sold the car to you, the fact that you'll take it back there for after sales work means he will make more money from you anyway. Your happy, he's happy, everyones a winner!

I like the above post. I take it he will make the money from Newcastle Audi to do the repairs.

Aberdeen Audi are just as bad, had hassle when i bought mine.. Amazingly when you quote your statutory rights and section 75 they tend to listen.. at the end of the day they're all salesmen.. once they have your money, they tend to try fob you off, if you let them they'll carry on...helps to speak loud and clear when the showroom is busy :)

Aberdeen Audi are just as bad, had hassle when i bought mine.. Amazingly when you quote your statutory rights and section 75 they tend to listen.. at the end of the day they're all salesmen.. once they have your money, they tend to try fob you off, if you let them they'll carry on...helps to speak loud and clear when the showroom is busy :)
I will keep that in mind when I take mine for a service! Highland Audi it is then!!!!

A huge thank you to James at Wearside Audi for sorting a car which Newcastle Audi sold me. After 6 months of twisting and whining and a cheque to pay for the valet from newcastle audi we're finally sorted :)

Cheers James, I'll be coming to you with my wallet in a few years and I recommend Wearside Audi to all for customer service!!

Highland Audi have always been ok for me. Great technicians who seem to actually enjoy their work and like cars.

A huge thank you to James at Wearside Audi for sorting a car which Newcastle Audi sold me. After 6 months of twisting and whining and a cheque to pay for the valet from newcastle audi we're finally sorted :)

Cheers James, I'll be coming to you with my wallet in a few years and I recommend Wearside Audi to all for customer service!!

Nothing like a mackem lol

Glad u got the car sorted
happy times

Wear side Audi is the only decent thing in 5under1and lol!