Light problem.....

Craig

Reaction score
Hello all... I'm not exactly new on here, I haven't been on here since 2006, but regardless of this though, I need some help if it's not too much to ask.

I bought a 2008 B8 A4 in May, and when I picked it up, as I was just getting in, the off side headlight (xenon) went off. I know I was stupid to drive it off the forecourt in this condition, but I was assured a bulb would be sent to me first thing.

Anyway, this is going to go into a long an boring story, so I'll cut to the chase. After some fiddling, swapping bulbs over and what not, the conclusion was made that it was the ballast that was at fault, and the dealer said he'd send me a new ballast in the post asap. I finally got this today after loads of messing about, but it was fitted and nothing happened. I had a look at the fuses, and they were all fine. I then put the 'broken' ballast on the near side, and vice versa, and it was still the off side that was not working.

I haven't tried a multimeter on it though, for two reasons. The first being, I haven't got one, second being, even if I did have one, I haven't got the foggiest how to use one.

My mechanic mate (who is just too busy with work to have a look at the moment) has said it must have something to do with the power supply to the ballast (I thought that was stating the obvious too), but I've got no idea on how I'd find this out, and more importantly, how to fix it.

Has anyone got any ideas what it could be, it's really stressing me out!

Why are you messing with it, take it back to the dealer!

You need someone with experience to look into these issues, dont mss with the headlights, they can be very dangerous in the wrong hands, whereabouts are you located?

In answer to both, I'm in Liverpool and I haven't took it back to the dealer is because it was bought from a non Audi dealer in Rutherglen (Glasgow), so it's not like it's not far to drive to get them to look at it.

Well I will be working at unit in Manc soon if you want us to look at it.