b8 2.o tdi fuel filter location

marv

Reaction score
hi serviced the car today but could i hell find the fuel filter, anyone know where it is, do they have one?

Fuel filter is located under the car by the drivers door. Requires removal of a couple of plastic panels which is a real pain.

Also note that the filter must be primed with fuel before starting the engine. You can do this by activating the fuel pump (insert key) before attaching the front fuel line.

u ever get this done?.............whats the in and outs?

I changed my fuel filter a few months back, really handy done!:)

I have a few pictures on the computer, but as mentioned above there is a cover under the drivers side, remove it and you will see the filter. One pipe in and one out!:) I done mine in an hour between stripping priming with VCDS and refitting!:)

Fuel filter replacement b8

Underside panel locations

The Fuel system is bled with VCDS , Air in the system may mean the high pressure pump will be running without lubrication for several seconds also the engine is liable to stall.

Bleeding the fuel system

Reactions: ruairi83 and Kalashnikov
Just away to do this on my Allroad this weekend as it'll be the first service I've done on this particular model. Why on earth do Audi install these daft fuel filters in a difficult to reach location that will undoubtedly leak when detached? There's plenty room in the engine bay and the conventional fuel filter can be filled with diesel rather than having to cycle the fuel pump with VCDS.

Anyway, moan over. Purchased VCDS a few weeks ago as the rear electric parking brake needs to be activated with VCDS to check pads, so thought I might as well get it considering it's computer dependant.

Reactions: martinivw