Newbie! 3rd Audi on its way.

Brightonbrowny

Reaction score
Hi All. New to the forum, but not Audi. Had an A3 Sportback S-line, A4 Cab. I currently have an Alfa 159Ti - BUT... as of Tuesday next week I collect my brand spanking new A4 Black Edition 177.

Cannot wait. Anyone with one with any feedback?! Thanks!

Hi All. New to the forum, but not Audi. Had an A3 Sportback S-line, A4 Cab. I currently have an Alfa 159Ti - BUT... as of Tuesday next week I collect my brand spanking new A4 Black Edition 177.

My condolences, chose a very bad engine there, hope your not expecting it to be frugle!

I am waiting for my sixth new audi, a 3.0 tdi q avant, and have had nothing but positive experiences from Audi.

Measuring and comparing mpg is a notoriously subjective issue as it depends so much on so many variables and as we all know the govt figures are unachievable in the real world by any car.

Can't comment on your choice of engine but i took delivery of my new S4 BE last month and can't praise it enough, I love it. The black edition bits and bobs also really lift the look, I looked at a new 3 series but in my opinion the overall quality of the Audi is much better, plus I needed an estate and the new model isn't available yet.

Hope you enjoy your car.

I am waiting for my sixth new audi, a 3.0 tdi q avant, and have had nothing but positive experiences from Audi.

Measuring and comparing mpg is a notoriously subjective issue as it depends so much on so many variables and as we all know the govt figures are unachievable in the real world by any car.

I agree. Mine is meant to be able to achieve 35 mpg combined, I've achieved 20 mpg combined since getting it! She seems to be loosening up a bit now though!

Yep, fuel consumption is all subjective, and depends on so many variables.

That said, my old 143 TDI Avant achieved within 12% of official figures on the combined cycle.
My 177 TDI Avant couldn't get within 30% of official figures.

I was "supposed" to get better economy from the 177, but got worse. And with slower driving to boot (breaking engine in).

Chop it in tomorrow after only 3 months of ownership as a result.

BUT. Having said that, if I wasn't paying for the car or the fuel, I wouldn't be swapping it at all. It is the nicest looking car in its class. Alas though, I am a private buyer, so its my money being spent. And I couldn't justify the depreciation on a car that's fuel consumption was peeving me off so much.

Good choice of car and engine mate even if the fuel economy is no where near what Audi claim. I have the Avant Quattro 177 Manual. Fuel economy between 36 and 42 depending on how i am driving. Like you someone else is paying for the fuel so who cares. I had the new 143bhp engine car for 2 weeks and can confirm the 177bhp is defo pokier. All round a brilliant car and with 4000miles on it now just gets better and better and i have no regrets. Gets much more looks and good comments than the 3 series. Enjoy!

Good grief please do not turn this into another mpg post. We all know that the Audi TDIs dont give fantastic mpg....

Welcome to Audi. You will love it. Great car and you are happy with your choice. Well done. Enjoy.

If your not paying for fuel it doesn't matter and the Audi will turn heads and BMW's don't (currently). Enjoy it I say as if you wanted high MPG then you would have bought an A1 Diesel.

Good grief please do not turn this into another mpg post. We all know that the Audi TDIs dont give fantastic mpg....

Welcome to Audi. You will love it. Great car and you are happy with your choice. Well done. Enjoy.

I'm not starting anything here but my 2.7tdi does over 48mpg everyday. I can't see why others can't.:ohmy:

If your not paying for fuel it doesn't matter and the Audi will turn heads and BMW's don't (currently). Enjoy it I say as if you wanted high MPG then you would have bought an A1 Diesel.

Or a Nissan Micra.......

Just to update you all. Had my car just over 24 hours and absolutely love it! Wow wow wow. Will get some pics up soon. I thought my Alfa 159 was good (in terms of looks!) but the A4 BE is a million times better.

Looks wise ...... have to admit, they do look good!