Hot or Chav to add a spoiler to a SE Avant

wassap

Reaction score
Hey folks, as some may know I have a SE Technik on order for delivery in september, now i like the S-line, but hate the ride, and plus as its a company car, to have a S-line with the same level of toys that ive ordered with the SE-T, it would have cost me a stupendous amount of money.

So, as my old man has a garage, I was thinking of getting a spoiler and getting it painted up and bonded to the car, i also spotted the skirts on ebay and thought about getting them, but im not sure if that will look way over the top, I guess i could get the bumpers too and then it would look right.

So what do you reckon, am i being silly?

Yes.

With it being a company car wouldnt work have something to say about glueing bits to their car?

As other post really, it being a company car, not sure you can glue bits to it!

You could look at the Dynamik Front splitter, and rear defuser options which are removable, but even then with a company car I wouldn't spend my money on doing it.

It wont be a problem with bonded bits as they can be removed, yes its a company car, but it is my car for 4 years. The spoiler is quite discrete hence why i wanted one for it.

Work wont be too bothered tbh, you should see the stuff ive done to cars in the past lol

If make mods then you'll need to declare them or risk finding yourself without insurance. The theory is that if you think it looks better then it also means it's more likely to get nicked.

In your shoes I'd be talking to the company and see what their insurers says before I did anything.

p.s. I do think the small spoilers on the Avant and Sedan make a nice finishing touch.

Apparently im allowed to pay for optional extras as long as they are genuine parts meant for the car.

Hey folks, as some may know I have a SE Technik on order for delivery in september, now i like the S-line, but hate the ride, and plus as its a company car, to have a S-line with the same level of toys that ive ordered with the SE-T, it would have cost me a stupendous amount of money.

So, as my old man has a garage, I was thinking of getting a spoiler and getting it painted up and bonded to the car, i also spotted the skirts on ebay and thought about getting them, but im not sure if that will look way over the top, I guess i could get the bumpers too and then it would look right.

So what do you reckon, am i being silly?
sline spoiler will look fine.By fitting continental sportcontact 5p tyres would have made the sline ride like an se by the way.

If it's an original spoiler and you want to fit it then i say go for it. Not sure about side skirts though unless it's the small fin type ones off the s line.

Yes it was the oem blade type skirts and the spoiler.

The oem front splitter, skirts and rear diffuser look absolutely amazing.I saw a se with the kit in a showroom when i was getting my car.Was on a black 3.0 tdi se.Looked better than an sline but would need the suspension sorting to compete.These parts dont shift and are found on ebay sold by ebay dealers at a massive differance, and have seen the whole kit sold for £600.The dealers on ebay that ive seen the kit on sale include huntingdon, lincoln, stoke, belfast.heres an example
Audi A4 (B8- 2008>) Front Skirt with Blade | eBay

DO IT!!

Yeah they look pretty nice... :) I think that price on eBay is the same as if you buy it from Audi direct IIRC. Or very similar. Looks pretty awesome though, isn't this what was fitted to the Dynamics?

yeah the prices at the mo are standard.but ive seen the kits cheaper from the dealers.could be when they were having a clearout.The front splitter/valance is pushed out and well aggresive.

I'm not really a fan of the front splitter, looks kinda out of place IMO. If it were me I'd stick with the blade skirts and rear spoiler, keep it subtle! Bigger skirts ect and it will need lowering which you obviously don't want to do hence the reason for the SE.

I think im just going to stick to the spoiler, whilst the tdie are 20mm lower than the std SE, i think the blades will still look odd without the s-line bumpers.

I'll just get the spoiler and get a light smoke tint on the rear windows and leave the mods at that.

Is it a TDIe that you're getting? I didn't realise they were 20mm lower, that will explain why some SE's sit lowewr than others then.

I think the spoiler will look smart:thumbsup:

Yes its the TDIe, for 2 reasons, its bloomin cheap for company car tax and it will help to slow me down!

Ive found a guy doing fibreglass OEM copy spoilers on Ebay, im going to pop and take a look, se how crap they are lol, but they are only £60 so might be worth a punt.