Vag Com / VCDS cable

ScottishA4B9

Reaction score
Hi All,
Can anyone reccomend a good vagcom/VCDS cable?
I have seen LOADS on eBay but was just wondering what would actually work with a B8.
Thanks

Hi All,
Can anyone reccomend a good vagcom/VCDS cable?
I have seen LOADS on eBay but was just wondering what would actually work with a B8.
Thanks
The best one is the ross-tech fully supported one from user NHN on here. Yes its a costly item, but it will do everything you will ever need it to do, so be a good investment in the long run.

I've got the program but just need a cable.

As already mentioned, the software is free to use, with a genuine interface of which I do have for sale, feel free to PM me if you require the cable :)

Given you have a B8, you do need the hex-can-usb version.

How future proof are the cables? ie if i buy one for a B8, would i be able to use on future A4's?

Unless audi dramatically change the way there cars communicate diagnostically as such, then I dont think you've got much to worry about as its an industry standard :)

I'm on my third different cable !!!

My TT used a simple Com port cable
My S4 used a Twin Com port cable
My B8 uses a Hex USB cables

You can trade the genuine one's in against new ones should you need to. I kinda of expect the Hex one to last a while though.

Had my Ross-Tech Hex-Can-USB cable for 6 years now, originally for my A4-B6 and absolutely no regrets. Even made a few quid via voluntary contributions for diagnostics from fellow members on TT's, A3's, A5's, A4's and A6's - all vintages of last 10 years or so.