Dodgy Parking Sensors :-/

wolfie138

Reaction score
Anyone had any issues? reversed out the drive and the sensors seemd to go briefly loopy like the car was surrounded - it settled, and i assumed it mighta been raindrops on the sensors.
just come back from town tho and stopped at the local shops. when i reversed out the front right outer bar on the MMI display came on permanent at the furthest position, and the front right inner bar came on at the closest position. stopped in my drive and switched the sensors on, same thing, checked the front, there were lo wet leaves or such like stuck to the car.

i have the same issue on my rear sensors. As soon as i put the car in reverse they go crazy for like 2 seconds as though the car is surrounded but then go back to normal. Didnt really think much of this tbh.

Similar problem with the rear sensors. The long bleep as soon as the car is put in reverse for the 1st time from starting the engine indicates a fault in the system. The next time its put in reverse nothing happens.
My car sometimes works after the tail gate slams closed... they work for a day or two, then back to the normal long bleep.

No idea how to fix other than replace.
Nick

Check the sensors connectors are pushed home.