Volks AutosJMB Retrofits
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Reload

Thread: 2.0TFSi MPG?

5th Gear

Status

2.0TFSi MPG?

What kind of fuel economy are people getting on their 2.TFSi?
    I'm looking at buying one. I mainly do town and short journeys.
    2009 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI S line, Misano Red, 19" Black Edition Rotors, RS4 Grille, Sat Nav, AMI, Bluetooth, Phone & Voice Prep, CD Changer, Gloss Pack, Heated Seats, Cruise Control, Electric Folding Mirrors, S line Suspension, Dynamic Boot Spoiler, K&N Typhoon Induction Kit

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Mine is low 20's as it's mainly town work. I've just done Paris and back with the cruise set to 85mph and the car loaded with 2 adults, 2 kids and luggage and it returned 30mpg overall.

Note : Mine is a quattro which means it's about 10% worse than FWD.
    MY2010 B8 A4 Avant 2.0TFSI quattro S-line Executive
    Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    Gone : B6 S4 (AMD stage 3), TT (APR), Golf GTi, CBR600F

4th Gear

Status
    Mine is the S3 2.0 TFSI with DSG box, brand new with less than 1500 miles currently and My number 2 computer is showing an average of 24.7mpg
    2012 RS3 Ibis White | Black Styling Pack | Black Roof Rails | Bose | Cruise | Tyre Package | Privacy Glass

6th Gear

Status
    Well the first thing is to ignore the onboard computer. I've tweaked mine with VCDS so it's more accurate but I only ever quote consumption on true values. Even with the car tweaked it's just a guide. With it left as stock it'll probably be around 9-11% optimistic.
    MY2010 B8 A4 Avant 2.0TFSI quattro S-line Executive
    Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    Gone : B6 S4 (AMD stage 3), TT (APR), Golf GTi, CBR600F

Lead boot

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scoTTy View Post
    Mine is low 20's as it's mainly town work. I've just done Paris and back with the cruise set to 85mph and the car loaded with 2 adults, 2 kids and luggage and it returned 30mpg overall.

Note : Mine is a quattro which means it's about 10% worse than FWD.
    Quote Originally Posted by brgsstm View Post
    Mine is the S3 2.0 TFSI with DSG box, brand new with less than 1500 miles currently and My number 2 computer is showing an average of 24.7mpg
    Crickey that's low. 'Fully laiden with two adult and two kids, similar sort of speed, 38mpg. 50 to 70 mph, 42mpg. Around town, low to mid 30's. Mines manual and no quattro
    (59) 2.0T A4 S-Line Avant (B8) Lava Grey
    (N) 2.6 V6 Audi Convertible Europa Blue
    Gone: (02) 1.8T A4 sport saloon (B6) Denim Blue

2nd Gear

Status
    With a REVO stage 1 remap i am getting high 20s around town and short journeys and on a long haul anythng from 32 to 40 depending how i drive but usually it sits about 36 ish.

2011 A4 2.0 TFSI Quattro Dynamik. IBIS White.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyfool View Post
    Crickey that's low. 'Fully laiden with two adult and two kids, similar sort of speed, 38mpg. 50 to 70 mph, 42mpg. Around town, low to mid 30's. Mines manual and no quattro
    Is this the S3 or the A3 though?
    2012 RS3 Ibis White | Black Styling Pack | Black Roof Rails | Bose | Cruise | Tyre Package | Privacy Glass

5th Gear

Status
    I was going to go with the 2.0TFSi mainly because owners on here were saying the diesels were around about the same as it for mpg.
    2009 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI S line, Misano Red, 19" Black Edition Rotors, RS4 Grille, Sat Nav, AMI, Bluetooth, Phone & Voice Prep, CD Changer, Gloss Pack, Heated Seats, Cruise Control, Electric Folding Mirrors, S line Suspension, Dynamic Boot Spoiler, K&N Typhoon Induction Kit

4th Gear

Status
    Which 2.0 Tfsi though? The one on the S3 has a bigger turbo.

5th Gear

Status
    Im just talking about the B8 A4.

Audi Heaven

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishS3 View Post
    I was going to go with the 2.0TFSi mainly because owners on here were saying the diesels were around about the same as it for mpg.
    The engine in the A4 is the newer engine rather than the ones in the A3. Would of thought MPG would be around the same though in the real world.

If you compare the 2.0T to a 2.0TDi 170 then the TDi will be better on fuel without a doubt. You can't really compare a 4 pot 2.0T with the V6 2.7 or 3.0TDi's though as that's a bit unfair!
    Scott

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0T Quattro S-Line 2007 8P2
    Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack

Audi Novice

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by audicruiser View Post
    If you compare the 2.0T to a 2.0TDi 170 then the TDi will be better on fuel without a doubt.
    That is not true, the 2.0 TDi 170 is no better than a 2.0T on fuel! The TDi is shockingly bad!!!
    Audi Northampton, Audi Ipswich, and Audi UK are rubbish and lack the basic skills of customer service.
    Please read my posts about my experience, and I hope this helps you to make the decision not to buy an Audi 2.0 TDi 170 engine, they are not fit for purpose and the tolerance levels are a joke.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleD View Post
    That is not true, the 2.0 TDi 170 is no better than a 2.0T on fuel! The TDi is shockingly bad!!!
    Well its abit of a no brainer then!!! 2.0TFSI it is then!!!!

Audi Heaven

Status
    My car is a 2.0T and our other A3 is a TDi 170, mine does 350 miles to a tank and the TDi does 600 miles to a tank and averages 48mpg to my 29mpg. If your getting 2.0T effeciency from a TDi 170 then there is something wrong with your car!
    Scott

Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack

Audi Novice

Status
    If your getting 2.0T effeciency from a TDi 170 then there is something wrong with your car!
    EXACTLY! See other threads about 2.0 TDI MPG and Audi 177 TDi !!
    Audi Northampton, Audi Ipswich, and Audi UK are rubbish and lack the basic skills of customer service.
    Please read my posts about my experience, and I hope this helps you to make the decision not to buy an Audi 2.0 TDi 170 engine, they are not fit for purpose and the tolerance levels are a joke.

1st Gear

Status
    The engine in the A4 is the newer engine rather than the ones in the A3. Would of thought MPG would be around the same though in the real world.

If you compare the 2.0T to a 2.0TDi 170 then the TDi will be better on fuel without a doubt. You can't really compare a 4 pot 2.0T with the V6 2.7 or 3.0TDi's though as that's a bit unfair!

My 2.7TDi Avant with 8 speed S-tronic will easy do 30-37mpg round town and 52-58mpg on a run. Its been remapped too. 600 + miles from a tank is very easy and the same power as the 3ltr.
    B8 A4 Avant 2.7 V6 TDi S-line with extra's. 239bhp and 443lbft & my daily VW Caddy VR6

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishS3 View Post
    Well its abit of a no brainer then!!! 2.0TFSI it is then!!!!
    Best just see what deals are out there, if you get a petrol for a few grand less than diesel equivilant then go for the petrol if we're talking few hundred quid difference go diesel. TBH the fuel figure argument's i've followed on here are baffling some of the guys figures are shocking however it's hard to compare someone driving in the hilly NE scotland with someone driving in the flat south of England.

Just for the record my tuned 140 BHP diesel gets around 42 mpg driving in and around Aberdeen, most i've had is 54 mpg but that was doing 50/60 mph (Sunday drivers etc) out deeside way which is pretty flatish.

l 5TUY

Bird is the Word!

Status
    The OP states that he would mainly be doing round town and short journeys. If that's the case I would recommend petrol, those sort of journeys would clog the DPF quick time
    ScottishS3 likes this.
    S3 8P2 Ice Silver, RNS-E, Bluetooth, iPod connection, Adaptive xenons, black styling pack, sunroof, privacy glass
    Mods since owned: Milltek Resonated TBE, Neuspeed P-Flo, Loba HPFP, Sachs Clutch with Loba SMF, Unicorn Motor Developments custom remap, brakes + suspension upgrades, LEDs internal and external, more interior kit

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Reload View Post
    The OP states that he would mainly be doing round town and short journeys. If that's the case I would recommend petrol, those sort of journeys would clog the DPF quick time
    Very helpful post, and I never considered that! Thank you!
    Plus the petrol will be fun on the highland roads for the weekend!

Audi Heaven

Status
    EXACTLY! See other threads about 2.0 TDI MPG and Audi 177 TDi !!
    Our A3 TDi 170 is a 2010 car, and has the CR engine rather than the old PD. I didn't think the 177 engine was newer? Just revised.....
    Scott

5th Gear

Status
    I basically only used my MY10 A3 170 on short 10-15 minute trips and never had the DPF warning come up in 13k miles... Made a run on the dual carriageway maybe once a month to see friends and never had an issue.
    Daytona Grey A4 3.0 TDi Quattro S-Tronic Black Edition

Audi Heaven

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Daggerit View Post
    I basically only used my MY10 A3 170 on short 10-15 minute trips and never had the DPF warning come up in 13k miles... Made a run on the dual carriageway maybe once a month to see friends and never had an issue.
    We have the same car on the same mileage and no DPF issues or lights on the dash.... It gets a run a couple of times a month.
    Scott

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by riggssuzuki View Post
    With a REVO stage 1 remap i am getting high 20s around town and short journeys and on a long haul anythng from 32 to 40 depending how i drive but usually it sits about 36 ish.
    How has the remap effected economy, any difference? I really want a Revo but at £500 it's quite alot, all the major companies seem to be around that. I need more power though!
    2009 B8 A4 2.0 TFSi in Misano Red - Shark Performance Stage 1 - Forge FMIC - Forge Diverter Valve - Eibach Spotline's