Volks AutosChris Nott
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By redspudder

Thread: Interior lighting question

4th Gear

Status

Interior lighting question

Hey guys, as my sig says I'm waiting on my new A4 arriving and it has the interior light package. I specced it thinking it was just footwell lights, active door reflectors and maybe a puddle light. I've since read a bit more and it seems that there are lights in the vents (?!) as well... Are there other places lights get put with this option that I haven't mentioned?!

Cheers!
    Daytona Grey A4 3.0 TDi Quattro S-Tronic Black Edition

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    I think its just the vent dials and switches that are illuminated, I've spec'd that option too, I thoughy Audi took the Pee by not having the lighting pack as std, even crappy cars have this stuff as std now, same with the cup holders and storage net in the rear.

My current accord is a bargain, spec wise compared to the A4!

4th Gear

Status
    Wait... You have to take cup holders as an option?!

Neutral

Status
    Just in the rear armrest (the bit that drops down in the middle).

Your car is pretty much top of the range, they should have the fancy lighting as std really........at least dick turpin wore a mask!

4th Gear

Status
    Ah I got ya! I was desperately trying to remember back to my test drive before you replied and if there were some in the front! Lol.

I know what you mean, it does seem a bit silly that a top of the range 'luxury' car doesn't have things like the interior lighting as standard. Even my Astra VXR has a lot of kit the A4 doesn't as standard!

1st Gear

Status
    I've got the interior lighting pack on my 2010 sline and it came with indoor door handle lights, cabin mood, map reading, vanity mirror, puddle I I think extra lights on the boot lid
    A4 Avant 2.0tfsi S-Line Quattro 2010, Misano Red, thinking about bluefin when i have the cash

Sparky

Status
    I think the glove box has a light as part of the lighting pack,really pee'd me off that a 28K car doesnt have a glove box light as standard!i couldnt believe it when i picked mine up a few years back.
    2.0Tdi 170 Black Edtion Avant

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rosscotdi View Post
    I've got the interior lighting pack on my 2010 sline and it came with indoor door handle lights, cabin mood, map reading, vanity mirror, puddle I I think extra lights on the boot lid
    Awesome, that's the sort of answer I was looking for! What is the 'cabin mood' though?!

Quote Originally Posted by redspudder View Post
    I think the glove box has a light as part of the lighting pack,really pee'd me off that a 28K car doesnt have a glove box light as standard!i couldnt believe it when i picked mine up a few years back.
    Yeah I think that's stupid, a Nissan Micra comes with a glovebox light, what the hell are they thinking?!

Sparky

Status
    Penny pinching, when i returned to the dealer to quiz the salesman about it he was like of course there is a GB light i said go look then,he was like oh yeah and looked into it he came back sheepish and said its part of interior light pack upgrade but here is a free umbrella i was like oh cheers because that will illuminate the glovebox!

1st Gear

Status
    Cabin mood, well that's what I call the little red LEDs that are on the headlining that shine onto the gear stick area.
    A4 Avant 2.0tfsi S-Line Quattro 2010, Misano Red, thinking about bluefin when i have the cash

5th Gear

Status
    if you want to upgrade the halogen bulbs to LED inside then i can help. it will finish the car off nice. - Audi A4 2.0 TDI Quattro S-Line LED Upgrade

Trups
    Bi Xenon Projector kits starting at £79.99 per pair.

EM Tuning Lighting.

Sparky

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by t8ups View Post
    if you want to upgrade the halogen bulbs to LED inside then i can help. it will finish the car off nice. - Audi A4 2.0 TDI Quattro S-Line LED Upgrade

Trups
    I'd be interested in the interior dome and map upgrade and also the rear courtesy light is it easy to removed the panels do you have instructions? How much delivered for the lamps and same question for boot light?I already have number plate LEDs first mod i did and looks quality
    Last edited by redspudder; 1st June 2012 at 06:30.
    ScottishS3 likes this.

4th Gear

Status

Trups
    That looks really smart, I definitely want it! How much just for all the bulbs and is there soldering/cutting/rewiring/etc. involved or are the SMDs plug and play?

Sparky

Status
    I've just found this on youtube looks simple enough to do i am 100% interested in a price for the lamps for dome,map,courtesy and boot lamps also the tool if have one not sure i fancy using a screwdrive on the interior plastics to prise open.

Audi A4 LED install How to - B8 Chassis 2009 - Present - YouTube

4th Gear

Status
    I've just found this on youtube looks simple enough to do i am 100% interested in a price for the lamps for dome,map,courtesy and boot lamps also the tool if have one not sure i fancy using a screwdrive on the interior plastics to prise open.

Audi A4 LED install How to - B8 Chassis 2009 - Present - YouTube
    Just checked these guy's website and for the entire interior set as well as number plate, boot, glovebox and vanity mirrors LEDs it's $165 delivered (about £110) and you get the fitting/removal tools free. I know what I'm buying once the car arrives!

Sparky

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Daggerit View Post
    Just checked these guy's website and for the entire interior set as well as number plate, boot, glovebox and vanity mirrors LEDs it's $165 delivered (about £110) and you get the fitting/removal tools free. I know what I'm buying once the car arrives!

Have a shop around mate the dome lights look the same as the number plate LEDs that i already have i bought these for about £6 delivered off ebay and ive seen a set of similar tools on ebay for £8 delivered i would hope i could get a set of lamps a lot cheaper than £110 once i know the correct ones needed

Neutral

Status
    Is there anything out there for a 2008 B8?

4th Gear

Status
    Have a shop around mate the dome lights look the same as the number plate LEDs that i already have i bought these for about £6 delivered off ebay and ive seen a set of similar tools on ebay for £8 delivered i would hope i could get a set of lamps a lot cheaper than £110 once i know the correct ones needed
    Fair enough! But then you are getting like 16 bulbs with the kit if I'm counting right which makes it less than £7 a bulb and still getting the free fitting tools?

Sparky

Status
    Yeah i thought that i dont have all the puddle lights and door lights so only need the roof lights but yeah that price isnt to bad if you get that many lamps i suppose

4th Gear

Status
    Yeah, for me it would be worth it I think... I'll think about it once I actually have the car I think!

Lead boot

Status
    I haven't got the light pack, so the only standard lights are the little red lights shining down on the centre console, the the main light and reading lights front and back. The thing that really bugs me is the lack of a glove box light which comes as part of the package....stupid!
    (59) 2.0T A4 S-Line Avant (B8) Lava Grey
    (N) 2.6 V6 Audi Convertible Europa Blue
    Gone: (02) 1.8T A4 sport saloon (B6) Denim Blue

Reverse Gear

Status
    Just to be clear, if I didn't order the lighting pack I still get a light that comes on when I get in the car right?!

Sparky

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkerBright View Post
    Just to be clear, if I didn't order the lighting pack I still get a light that comes on when I get in the car right?!
    yes you get a front dome light and x2 small map lights and a rear courtesy light, well thats what i have in my s-line without interior lighting upgrade pack installed.

4th Gear

Status
    yes you get a front dome light and x2 small map lights and a rear courtesy light, well thats what i have in my s-line without interior lighting upgrade pack installed.
    Yeah I think that above that you get the footwell lighting, ambient lighting (red on the gear stick), glovebox light, boot light, active reflectors, illuminated vent controls, bigger map reading lights and puddle lights in the bottoms of the doors. If I'm wrong then someone will correct me soon enough.

5th Gear

Status
    So if you don't have the Lighting Pack, you can still upgrade the existing lights to LED?
    And I take it they are alot brighter?
    2009 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI S line, Misano Red, 19" Black Edition Rotors, RS4 Grille, Sat Nav, AMI, Bluetooth, Phone & Voice Prep, CD Changer, Gloss Pack, Heated Seats, Cruise Control, Electric Folding Mirrors, S line Suspension, Dynamic Boot Spoiler, K&N Typhoon Induction Kit

6th Gear

Status
    If you don't have the light pack then there's some threads where people have added the glove box light etc. Whilst doing so it makes sense to go straight for LED.
    MY2010 B8 A4 Avant 2.0TFSI quattro S-line Executive
    Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    Gone : B6 S4 (AMD stage 3), TT (APR), Golf GTi, CBR600F

Reverse Gear

Status
    HI guys, I have an S-line and in SA they call this the Ambiente spec. I have all the lights as standard including the lights that illuminate the interior door handles. I changed all the interior, boot, number plate lights to LED's for about the equivalent of £80. It was the best money spent. Even the base models in SA get glove box lights?????

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedemon View Post
    HI guys, I have an S-line and in SA they call this the Ambiente spec. I have all the lights as standard including the lights that illuminate the interior door handles. I changed all the interior, boot, number plate lights to LED's for about the equivalent of £80. It was the best money spent. Even the base models in SA get glove box lights?????
    They must realise that they don't need that kind of stuff here to sell cars... Maybe we should all rebel and not buy anything unless it comes with full spec for the base model price just now!

5th Gear

Status
    For cars with a light pack the price is £69 and will replace every bulb to LED in your car.

you get alot of custom bulbs with my kit that you cant buy from the world wide web, ready through this - Audi Footwell/Puddle/Boot and Glove box 501 LED upgrade

who still wants a price and what for? i havent seen this for a while so been a bit late replying, you could also write in my traders section or PM.

Trups

EM Tuning Lighting.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishS3 View Post
    So if you don't have the Lighting Pack, you can still upgrade the existing lights to LED?
    And I take it they are alot brighter?
    Audi A4 2.0 TDI Quattro S-Line LED Upgrade

this should give you the answer you are looking for on what the LED's are capable of.

Trups

EM Tuning Lighting.

4th Gear

Status
    For cars with a light pack the price is £69 and will replace every bulb to LED in your car.

you get alot of custom bulbs with my kit that you cant buy from the world wide web, ready through this - Audi Footwell/Puddle/Boot and Glove box 501 LED upgrade

who still wants a price and what for? i havent seen this for a while so been a bit late replying, you could also write in my traders section or PM.

Trups
    Cool. I'd take a set but will be a while before I order (since I don't even pick up the car until Nov!), but will come to you first if that's your price for all the bulbs to be done! I take it that includes the numberplate bulbs as well?

5th Gear

Status
    Your car as long as you have the xenons will already have LED plate lamps from the factory so you wont need to worry about the plate lights.

EM Tuning Lighting.

4th Gear

Status
    Oh wow, so they've finally decided that putting LED number plate lights on would be a good idea?!

It does indeed have the nice new DRLs and xenons so should have them then I hope! Cheers for the info!

5th Gear

Status
    Yes Audi have now decided to pull their finger out, they have even managed to make a 3.0tdi bi turbo engine 7 years after BMW... but hey.

EM Tuning Lighting.

Neutral

Status
    Do you give a gtee with your lamps bud? I'll be having set off you when my A4 arrives in August, mine has the light pack too, and of course DRL's as thats the main reason why i bought mine lol.

4th Gear

Status
    Yes Audi have now decided to pull their finger out, they have even managed to make a 3.0tdi bi turbo engine 7 years after BMW... but hey.
    But unless I've missed something then Audi still has one of the best AWD systems for their cars which at the end of the day is going to keep me from going sideways though a hedge and some really good looking interiors which is all you see when you're driving anyway. I test drove a 3 series and was very unimpressed with the interior to be honest. :S