Misano Red / Brilliant Red, Difference?

ScottishA4B9

Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anybody know what the actual difference is between these two colours?
I quite fancy my next A4 in Red and was wondering what people thought was best.
thanks

Misano red is a pearl colour where as brilliant red is a solid colour. I've just put a deposit down on a misano red saloon:yahoo:

Brilliant Red is quite flat i love my Misano 2nd best Audi colour behind sprint blue IMO

car8-1.jpg

caro.jpg

Last edited:
Good replys! Thanks guys. So I take it being pearlecent, the Milano colour will be shinier than brilliant red.

Good replys! Thanks guys. So I take it being pearlecent, the Milano colour will be shinier than brilliant red.

I wouldn't assume to be honest, I test drove a Miliano Red A5 a week ago in the sun and I thought it was Brilliant Red. I couldn't tell the difference even when the two colours were parked next to each other. Your best bet is to go see a dealer and ask to view them side by side to see what you think.

I opted for Brilliant Red (third time in a row) as I thought Misano Red looked a bit 'orangey'

Brilliant red is a bit darker than misano. I like them both and would still have bought my car if it were brilliant red. Misano red is what you get on the RS models if that helps.

Misano red is a pearl colour where as brilliant red is a solid colour. I've just put a deposit down on a misano red saloon:yahoo:
Congrats!!! At least you've found one! I'm still looking, although possibly going to view one on Saturday. Get some pics up when you get it!

Reactions: Mcdubber1
Misano Red changes colour due to the pearl in it so on a sunny day can look orange and on a dull day looks very red. Brilliant Red is solid so looks red all the time.

Garnet Red is more metallic burgundy really, can look nice when clean and shiny but on some models it makes them look a bit "old manish" if you know what I mean...

Congrats!!! At least you've found one! I'm still looking, although possibly going to view one on Saturday. Get some pics up when you get it!

Cheers. I took a couple of pics yesterday but they're not great. I polished it today but then it started to p*ss down so didn't get any pics, typical. I'll fire some up sometime soon. Btw I quite like garnet red, quite classy looking I think and you don't see many on the road.

I had Brilliant Red on my S4 and much prefer it to Misano. In the sun Misano washes out to just look orange. Garnet looks pink and girly in some light. My fave Audi red is Amulet that I had on my old TT. It was like wet shiny blood :)

If you really want some side by side of Brilliant and Misano then you'll struggle to beat this post : Authoritative Misano Red vs. Brilliant Red comparison photo thread (56k'ers are forced to buy a BMW) - AudiWorld Forums
Well I can't tell the difference after that! lol

Best save some money for a new computer screen as well then ;)

Actually the only true way is too look at them in person as the pics can't capture the pearle effect etc. Just ensure you do so in cloud and sunshine.