AH FabricationsBadger5
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Gutted!!!!

  1. #1
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    31

    Gutted!!!!

    As the title suggests, was travelling home earlier on up the motorway. When an annoying car was up my rear end. So when I could I put my foot down and left him but as there was lot of traffic, mainly lorries that would pull out without indicating so slowing my progress.

    While driving slow I noticed the Mazda badge in my rear view mirror and the big bonnet vent, at the time I tried to recall the car and to be honest I couldn't. Anyway I had made my mind up, even though I felt a little like a boy racer when the next car pulled over i was putting my foot down and leaving the annoying motorist, ha ha wrong!!! I got to a certain speed (which I won't mention) and had to pull over. The guy flew passed me in my b8 3.0 Quattro. To be fair I was slowing down when he was passing but it certainly had more grunt than me top end.

    When he passed I obviously saw the model of the car that had been harassing me, Mazda 3 mps = 260 bhp that explains it.

    Fair play to the guy, but I hope he's not a member on here :0)

    I knew i should have bought an rs4, Think I'll getting it chipped sooner that I thought.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Oxfordshire
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Richie333 View Post
    As the title suggests, was travelling home earlier on up the motorway. When an annoying car was up my rear end. So when I could I put my foot down and left him but as there was lot of traffic, mainly lorries that would pull out without indicating so slowing my progress.

    While driving slow I noticed the Mazda badge in my rear view mirror and the big bonnet vent, at the time I tried to recall the car and to be honest I couldn't. Anyway I had made my mind up, even though I felt a little like a boy racer when the next car pulled over i was putting my foot down and leaving the annoying motorist, ha ha wrong!!! I got to a certain speed (which I won't mention) and had to pull over. The guy flew passed me in my b8 3.0 Quattro. To be fair I was slowing down when he was passing but it certainly had more grunt than me top end.

    When he passed I obviously saw the model of the car that had been harassing me, Mazda 3 mps = 260 bhp that explains it.

    Fair play to the guy, but I hope he's not a member on here :0)

    I knew i should have bought an rs4, Think I'll getting it chipped sooner that I thought.
    Read the Fifth Gear review on You Tube and it's shortcomings and you will cheer up....

  4. #3
    scoTTy's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    1,958
    There will always be something faster out there.
    MY2010 B8 A4 Avant 2.0TFSI quattro S-line Executive
    Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    Gone : B6 S4 (AMD stage 3), TT (APR), Golf GTi, CBR600F

  5. #4
    Daggerit's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    898
    Yeah, I've got an Astra VXR sitting at about 300bhp right now and it would do the same thing. But it's loud and not as well built and not as comfortable and gets 12mpg when you're driving it like that. So don't feel too bad.

  6. #5
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Daggerit View Post
    Yeah, I've got an Astra VXR sitting at about 300bhp right now and it would do the same thing. But it's loud and not as well built and not as comfortable and gets 12mpg when you're driving it like that. So don't feel too bad.
    Well coming from a CTR I too experienced the loud noise, uncomfortable ride and poor mpg's. Not as quick as your Astra of course.
    I had some good times in the civic but glad of the extra comfort ( must be getting old). So cheers for that daggerit I feel a bit better now
    when you getting you 3.0

  7. #6
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    N. Wales, LL22
    Posts
    1,224
    could be worse.. could have been a nova lol
    VCDS in North Wales
    2007 A6 3.0TDi S-Line Le Mans Avant , adaptive xenon lights, sunroof, privacy glass, towbar, led rears & randomly rear seat airbags
    1999 Honda S2000 , mcb low milage jap import, fully bushed, mugen exhaust <<< for sale! <<<
    2001 Passat TDi 130 Sport < sold!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/Passat/PB140007s.jpg

  8. #7
    Daggerit's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    898
    Quote Originally Posted by Richie333 View Post
    Well coming from a CTR I too experienced the loud noise, uncomfortable ride and poor mpg's. Not as quick as your Astra of course.
    I had some good times in the civic but glad of the extra comfort ( must be getting old). So cheers for that daggerit I feel a bit better now
    when you getting you 3.0
    It's not coming until Novemeber... Bad times...
    Daytona Grey A4 3.0 TDi Quattro S-Tronic Black Edition



  9. #8
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Ste_Nova View Post
    could be worse.. could have been a nova lol
    I always wanted a nova, when I first started to learn how to driving that was the car to have but after stopping then starting a year later it was the saxo. So I ended with a VTR for the first car.

  10. #9
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Daggerit View Post
    It's not coming until Novemeber... Bad times...
    That is some wait pal, but to be fair I was changing my CTR for the last 3 years of ownership so in comparison it's not too bad. It took me 2 years to decide between a a4 2.0, 3.0 b7 & b8, rs4, s4, BMW 320, 330, 520, 530 and probably a few more, then finally a year to find the right a4 3.0. I'm a bit indecisive

    If you find the right one its worth the wait.

  11. #10
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Richie333 View Post
    That is some wait pal, but to be fair I was changing my CTR for the last 3 years of ownership so in comparison it's not too bad. It took me 2 years to decide between a a4 2.0, 3.0 b7 & b8, rs4, s4, BMW 320, 330, 520, 530 and probably a few more, then finally a year to find the right a4 3.0. I'm a bit indecisive

    If you find the right one its worth the wait.
    If you could have afforded the s4 or older rs4 why the hell did you go for 3. 0???? Don't get that especially if you still have a boy racer inside you....

  12. #11
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Joedesi View Post
    If you could have afforded the s4 or older rs4 why the hell did you go for 3. 0???? Don't get that especially if you still have a boy racer inside you....
    It was a really hard decision. Like you say I still had a bit of boy racer inside me, but after a lot of deliberation I had to go with the 3.0, it was the compromise between speed & fuel ecconmy.

    At the time of choosing I could be doing anything from 300 -1000 miles a week with work, so there is no way I would have liked to have run a rs4 doing them sort of miles, it's bad enough with the 3.0.

    So I probably could have afforded the car but would have had to re-mortgaged the house to run it.

  13. #12
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Daggerit View Post
    It's not coming until Novemeber... Bad times...
    Forgot to says very nice motor, if you look in Audi driver magazine this month they have done a review on the new 3.0. Looks awesome.

  14. #13
    Daggerit's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    898
    Quote Originally Posted by Richie333 View Post
    Forgot to says very nice motor, if you look in Audi driver magazine this month they have done a review on the new 3.0. Looks awesome.
    I might just have to take a look at that then!
    Daytona Grey A4 3.0 TDi Quattro S-Tronic Black Edition



  15. #14
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    26
    Don't be sad, there ok when on the move
    Mazda 3 mps Aero stg1

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Gutted :(
    By Bradderz_1988 in forum A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11th July 2011, 17:46
  2. Gutted!
    By Paul @ Unit in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 3rd December 2009, 10:08
  3. Gutted!
    By phantom in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 22nd May 2008, 20:11
  4. ........GUTTED......./
    By Ballcrusher in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 14th November 2007, 13:51
  5. Gutted
    By jimya4t in forum A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 22nd October 2007, 23:07

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO