AH FabricationsBadger5

Thread: Gutted!!!!

Neutral

Status

Gutted!!!!

As the title suggests, was travelling home earlier on up the motorway. When an annoying car was up my rear end. So when I could I put my foot down and left him but as there was lot of traffic, mainly lorries that would pull out without indicating so slowing my progress.

While driving slow I noticed the Mazda badge in my rear view mirror and the big bonnet vent, at the time I tried to recall the car and to be honest I couldn't. Anyway I had made my mind up, even though I felt a little like a boy racer when the next car pulled over i was putting my foot down and leaving the annoying motorist, ha ha wrong!!! I got to a certain speed (which I won't mention) and had to pull over. The guy flew passed me in my b8 3.0 Quattro. To be fair I was slowing down when he was passing but it certainly had more grunt than me top end.

When he passed I obviously saw the model of the car that had been harassing me, Mazda 3 mps = 260 bhp that explains it.

Fair play to the guy, but I hope he's not a member on here :0)

I knew i should have bought an rs4, Think I'll getting it chipped sooner that I thought.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Richie333 View Post
    As the title suggests, was travelling home earlier on up the motorway. When an annoying car was up my rear end. So when I could I put my foot down and left him but as there was lot of traffic, mainly lorries that would pull out without indicating so slowing my progress.

While driving slow I noticed the Mazda badge in my rear view mirror and the big bonnet vent, at the time I tried to recall the car and to be honest I couldn't. Anyway I had made my mind up, even though I felt a little like a boy racer when the next car pulled over i was putting my foot down and leaving the annoying motorist, ha ha wrong!!! I got to a certain speed (which I won't mention) and had to pull over. The guy flew passed me in my b8 3.0 Quattro. To be fair I was slowing down when he was passing but it certainly had more grunt than me top end.

When he passed I obviously saw the model of the car that had been harassing me, Mazda 3 mps = 260 bhp that explains it.

Fair play to the guy, but I hope he's not a member on here :0)

I knew i should have bought an rs4, Think I'll getting it chipped sooner that I thought.
    Read the Fifth Gear review on You Tube and it's shortcomings and you will cheer up....

6th Gear

Status
    There will always be something faster out there.
    MY2010 B8 A4 Avant 2.0TFSI quattro S-line Executive
    Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    Gone : B6 S4 (AMD stage 3), TT (APR), Golf GTi, CBR600F

4th Gear

Status
    Yeah, I've got an Astra VXR sitting at about 300bhp right now and it would do the same thing. But it's loud and not as well built and not as comfortable and gets 12mpg when you're driving it like that. So don't feel too bad.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Daggerit View Post
    Yeah, I've got an Astra VXR sitting at about 300bhp right now and it would do the same thing. But it's loud and not as well built and not as comfortable and gets 12mpg when you're driving it like that. So don't feel too bad.
    Well coming from a CTR I too experienced the loud noise, uncomfortable ride and poor mpg's. Not as quick as your Astra of course.
    I had some good times in the civic but glad of the extra comfort ( must be getting old). So cheers for that daggerit I feel a bit better now
    when you getting you 3.0

5th Gear

Status
    could be worse.. could have been a nova lol
    VCDS in North Wales
    2007 A6 3.0TDi S-Line Le Mans Avant , adaptive xenon lights, sunroof, privacy glass, towbar, led rears & randomly rear seat airbags
    1999 Honda S2000 , mcb low milage jap import, fully bushed, mugen exhaust <<< for sale! <<<
    2001 Passat TDi 130 Sport < sold!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/Passat/PB140007s.jpg

4th Gear

Status
    Well coming from a CTR I too experienced the loud noise, uncomfortable ride and poor mpg's. Not as quick as your Astra of course.
    I had some good times in the civic but glad of the extra comfort ( must be getting old). So cheers for that daggerit I feel a bit better now
    when you getting you 3.0
    It's not coming until Novemeber... Bad times...
    Daytona Grey A4 3.0 TDi Quattro S-Tronic Black Edition

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ste_Nova View Post
    could be worse.. could have been a nova lol
    I always wanted a nova, when I first started to learn how to driving that was the car to have but after stopping then starting a year later it was the saxo. So I ended with a VTR for the first car.

Neutral

Status
    That is some wait pal, but to be fair I was changing my CTR for the last 3 years of ownership so in comparison it's not too bad. It took me 2 years to decide between a a4 2.0, 3.0 b7 & b8, rs4, s4, BMW 320, 330, 520, 530 and probably a few more, then finally a year to find the right a4 3.0. I'm a bit indecisive

If you find the right one its worth the wait.

Reverse Gear

Status
    That is some wait pal, but to be fair I was changing my CTR for the last 3 years of ownership so in comparison it's not too bad. It took me 2 years to decide between a a4 2.0, 3.0 b7 & b8, rs4, s4, BMW 320, 330, 520, 530 and probably a few more, then finally a year to find the right a4 3.0. I'm a bit indecisive

If you find the right one its worth the wait.
    If you could have afforded the s4 or older rs4 why the hell did you go for 3. 0???? Don't get that especially if you still have a boy racer inside you....

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Joedesi View Post
    If you could have afforded the s4 or older rs4 why the hell did you go for 3. 0???? Don't get that especially if you still have a boy racer inside you....
    It was a really hard decision. Like you say I still had a bit of boy racer inside me, but after a lot of deliberation I had to go with the 3.0, it was the compromise between speed & fuel ecconmy.

At the time of choosing I could be doing anything from 300 -1000 miles a week with work, so there is no way I would have liked to have run a rs4 doing them sort of miles, it's bad enough with the 3.0.

So I probably could have afforded the car but would have had to re-mortgaged the house to run it.

Neutral

Status
    Forgot to says very nice motor, if you look in Audi driver magazine this month they have done a review on the new 3.0. Looks awesome.

4th Gear

Status
    Forgot to says very nice motor, if you look in Audi driver magazine this month they have done a review on the new 3.0. Looks awesome.
    I might just have to take a look at that then!
    Daytona Grey A4 3.0 TDi Quattro S-Tronic Black Edition

Reverse Gear

Status
    Don't be sad, there ok when on the move
    Mazda 3 mps Aero stg1