Badger5Sky Insurance
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    41

    Question retro fitting LED tail lights

    anyone done this to their A4? looking to do this to my 2008 s-line, any advice? where is best to buy, without the huge price tag? was going to try a breakers also, would there be a part no/description to get the LEDs from genuine A4.

    also been told these need to be "recoded" when fitted, what does this mean?

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    rabhrab's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Central Scotland
    Posts
    68
    Bought and fitted these to my 2009 S4 Avant without any problems. Would recommend these. No coding needed. Hope this helps?Car Badges Grill Badges, Car Key Badges Key Covers items in Rapid Styles store on eBay! item number:#200710624669

  4. #3
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    254
    I think he is after tail lights, not number plate lights.

  5. #4
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroscope View Post
    I think he is after tail lights, not number plate lights.
    I think you are correct Necroscope.

    However, cheers Rab this helped me out as i have just bought a pair.

    l 5TUY

  6. #5
    rabhrab's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Central Scotland
    Posts
    68
    Ooops!

  7. #6
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroscope View Post
    I think he is after tail lights, not number plate lights.
    i am indeed, anyone any experience? or a part number for oem ones

  8. #7
    SamDude's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,091
    Quote Originally Posted by kev.s View Post
    i am indeed, anyone any experience? or a part number for oem ones
    I was planning on upgrading mine last year, I bought the genuine LED tail lights from a dealer scrapping a write-off, they are in pristine condition (the write-off was front ended). The set includes the Left (outer and inner) and Right (outer and inner) units.
    I never got round to getting them fitted and coded (this needs to be done at a dealership). I don't think I will now, due to bills and other expenses.
    There are generic tail lamps on eBay selling for around £290-350 and may cause errors/warnings on the dash. The genuine ones cost around £600 from a dealer if you want them brand new.

    I may be interested in selling the set that I have for £350 (what I paid) to get my money back. Where are you based?

    Sam
    A4 2.0TDI S Line (2008)
    MMI/Sat Nav, Parking System Advanced, Advanced Key


  9. #8
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by SamDude View Post
    I was planning on upgrading mine last year, I bought the genuine LED tail lights from a dealer scrapping a write-off, they are in pristine condition (the write-off was front ended). The set includes the Left (outer and inner) and Right (outer and inner) units.
    I never got round to getting them fitted and coded (this needs to be done at a dealership). I don't think I will now, due to bills and other expenses.
    There are generic tail lamps on eBay selling for around £290-350 and may cause errors/warnings on the dash. The genuine ones cost around £600 from a dealer if you want them brand new.

    I may be interested in selling the set that I have for £350 (what I paid) to get my money back. Where are you based?

    Sam
    Based in Aberdeen....bit of a hike.. never knew they were that expensive, were they an option extra or only on specific models?

  10. #9
    SamDude's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,091
    They were not standard on the initial S-Line until 2009.
    This means that anyone with a 2008 B8 S-Line had Xenon and LED DRLs at the front, but non-LED (standard) rear tail lights.

    Audi started offering the LED tail lights a few months ago as a retrofit option.
    It's pretty niche, hence the high (official) price.

    Aberdeen is a bit of a trek, lol...
    A4 2.0TDI S Line (2008)
    MMI/Sat Nav, Parking System Advanced, Advanced Key


  11. #10
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    254
    you need the wiring loom and the control unit with the led lights, yiu can get a retro fittingkit from audi for around 550

  12. #11
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by SamDude View Post


    I may be interested in selling the set that I have for £350 (what I paid) to get my money back. Where are you based?

    Sam
    Have you still got them?

  13. #12
    SamDude's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,091
    Quote Originally Posted by shanekk View Post
    Have you still got them?
    Yep. You interested?
    A4 2.0TDI S Line (2008)
    MMI/Sat Nav, Parking System Advanced, Advanced Key


  14. #13
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by SamDude View Post
    Yep. You interested?
    i would be if the price is right this is my email address shanekk22{at}yahoo ie

  15. #14
    SamDude's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,091
    Quote Originally Posted by shanekk View Post
    i would be if the price is right this is my email address shanekk22{at}yahoo ie
    Sent email.

    Sam
    A4 2.0TDI S Line (2008)
    MMI/Sat Nav, Parking System Advanced, Advanced Key


 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Retro fitting Puddle Lights
    By chrisash32 in forum A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 2nd March 2010, 14:28
  2. Is there a DIY for fitting face lift tail lights to sportback?
    By ~RS~ in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 22nd March 2009, 00:56
  3. Retro fitting lights or blades
    By 6andy69 in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20th March 2008, 13:20
  4. Retro-fitting fog lights
    By benw123 in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 23rd June 2005, 21:10
  5. Problems fitting 1998 tail lights on a 1996?
    By dunkmstr in forum A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 3rd September 2004, 20:24

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO