Ipod cables for Tech pack high

Audiflyer

Reaction score
Hi I have a 2012 A4 with tech pack high and I have a question about the cables that you get as standard. When I picked the car up cables from a pre facelift A4 with Tech pack low were given to me, as I had been using this car for some months i knew the cables worked with my I pod Touch, (I did think it was a bit tight of the dealer not to give me new cables but said nothing) I have some videos on the ipod that automatically start from a playlist and you can hear it but not see anything; on checking in the manual it make reference to cables with blue or red markings. I asked the dealership if the set with the blue markings was for Tech Pack low and should I of got a new set with red markings for Tech pack high; as is usual with the dealership I am still waiting for an answer from my visit 4 weeks ago. Anybody out there have any suggestions?

Assume you bought this used, mate?

If the car comes with AMI (as yours has) the dealer has a duty to give you the right cables! I recently bought a 2010 B* with AMI and the dealer ordered me brand new cables, USB and iPod! Get back to them and give them some grief!

If your car is a 2012 facelift you should have
the iPod 'red' cable and the USB! Don't let them fob you off
With the blue iPod cable. You need red for video.
Apparently audi ship the car with no cables to the UK
then dealer supply's but UK dealers have been
Tight with the red cables!
....well so I've heard!

Thanks for the replies; the car is brand new and is the facelift model; when I picked it up I asked about the cables and all they did was take them out of the car that I had on test drive, that car was 6 months old and tech pack low. Looks like I will have to have a quick moan at the dealers.

I am due to pick my car up in about 2 weeks time, its awaiting ship to the UK. I have opted for the tech pack high so its good to know what to look for when I pick it. I had considered copying the music files onto and SD card to store on the juke box. Having read this post I wondered what the best solution was. Any one got any thoughts?

I simply put the mp3 files on a memory stick and using the usb cable copy them into the cars jukebox, dead easy; what is frustrating though is the album art, on the computer each of the tracks has the album art but by the time they get into the car several are missing, not got a clue what is happening.

I simply put the mp3 files on a memory stick and using the usb cable copy them into the cars jukebox, dead easy; what is frustrating though is the album art, on the computer each of the tracks has the album art but by the time they get into the car several are missing, not got a clue what is happening.

You need to ensure the album artwork
Is embedded into each track, is a bit of a pain
But you can do this in iTunes or similar.
I read a post on how to do this on A5oc
I'll post a link to the thread.