2012 Audi A4 TDI Black Edition Question

ruairi83

Reaction score
My dad just received his scuba blue 2012 Audi A4 TDI Black Edition. Love the car.

Are the fogs suppose to be halogen? I thought on the offical a4 advert the fogs where xenon.

Any help appreciated. He gona ring sales guy when he gets a chance but just thought id ask on here. will get a few pics later. Cheers
ruairi

Actually quite glad you mentioned that. I did notice this the other day. The fogs look rank when all the lights are on. Any one else know if this is right?

I have a 2012 A4 Avant Black edition and yes the light from the fogs do look yellowish and not bright white as per the headlamps, will look on this thread with interest.

Really?? Am I really hearing people complain that fogs are yellow?? Firstly, you'll be inside the car when they're on and second, if the visibility is more than 100 metres you shouldn't have them on anyway and I don't think anyone will care who is approaching you that they are yellow.

I can only assume you don't like the colour for when the coming home/going out lights come on when you lock/unlock.

The fogs come on at low speed when moving forward and turning the stearing wheel; depending on which direction you turn depends on which side comes on. I suspect this feature is present when manovering in the dark to aid parking, good feature in my mind; I have noticed when parking at night you have the bright white of the headlamps against say a brick wall and the colour of the fog lamp is noticeably different. It is like comparing lights in the home with low energy lamps having a cool colour to tungsten lamps that emit a warm glow.

hi ruairi - sorry can't help with your question but would love to see some pictures of your dads car. I have ordered the same but car is not due to arrive until september !! Boerd waiting already. thanks oscar

hi ruairi - sorry can't help with your question but would love to see some pictures of your dads car. I have ordered the same but car is not due to arrive until september !! Boerd waiting already. thanks oscar

Snap! I really want to see what the scuba blue looks like incease I want to phone and change it! Haha. You could just do what I did on my current car and buy some 5000K halogen bulbs? I think that if they're being used as turning lights as well then xenons could get worn out pretty quickly as they aren't designed to be turned on and off quickly/lots...