Seat belt warning light

S.line

Reaction score
Hi all

The wife has just told me that sometimes the seat belt warning light beeps while she's driving. It's happened twice now.

She said nothing was on passenger seat as that was the first thing I asked.

Is this a common problem?

58 A4 and under Audi warranty

Cheers for advice.

I've heard this before. It seems to normally be the sensor in the buckle.

I think she would have, being 6 months pregnant lol. Another common Audi fault??!!!

Reactions: Necroscope
Nah mate, her being pregnant is all your fault lol

Reactions: Necroscope
Got it turned on for me mate cos I always forget. Saves me money n poss my life lol

I had this problem and think it was the switch in the driver's seat. It was also mucking up the logic on the parking brake release as this doesn't automatically release when you drive off if the warning is triggered.

A 'quick and dirty' fix which I did before I got my VCDS was to find the two-pole connector under the seat and disconnect it. This did the trick with the warning light and the parking brake.

I have since read on one of the German forums that this might spoil the logic on the stereo which automatically adjusts the balance on the speakers according to which seats are occupied, but am not sure of the details of this, and think the VCDS fix might have the same effect.

Not sure if the A4 has sensors in the passenger seat, but some cars will sound the setbelt warning if a heavy object like a big handbag or shopping is placed on the passenger seat.

Their is a sensor in the passenger seat - leant in through the passenger window put hands on seat, wife was in drivers seat and said why had the seatbelt warning light come on - "because there is a sensor in the seat - look" as I made it flash on and off!