EM TuningSky Insurance
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By scoTTy

Thread: Is Meteor Grey a nice colour?

5th Gear

Status

Is Meteor Grey a nice colour?

I have seen an A4 (B8) S-Line that has got a decent spec (FINALLY!!!!!!!).

Thing is its Meteor Grey and I have not seen that colour in person before.
    It Looks lightish in the pics and in the brochure but some of the other ones online look really dark.

I am wondering if its a nice colour and if it is hard to keep clean or shows marks easily?

I originally wanted a light Grey but I have now realised that if I want an A4 with a decent spec, I cant be picky!!!

Vehicle View - Audi A4 Saloon 1.8 T FSI 160 PS S-Line Manual - Docklands
    Last edited by ScottishS3; 14th April 2012 at 11:30.
    2009 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI S line, Misano Red, 19" Black Edition Rotors, RS4 Grille, Sat Nav, AMI, Bluetooth, Phone & Voice Prep, CD Changer, Gloss Pack, Heated Seats, Cruise Control, Electric Folding Mirrors, S line Suspension, Dynamic Boot Spoiler, K&N Typhoon Induction Kit

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Personally I think that Meteor grey is a great colour, they don't do it now as they've changed it for Monsoon grey (slightly different) but if they had I'd have ordered it for my car.
    Now on the drive - Lava grey S4 Avant Black edition, ADS, Sports Diff, Magma/black super sports seats etc...

Torque talks

Status
    I like it. I have dolphin grey and it looks similar to that. Look great when clean and waxed, so Ive been told.

6th Gear

Status
    Before I start : colours are very personal and my opinion is just that. I'm also colour blind ... although that shouldn't affect my perspective of Meteor Grey.

Right then .....

I liked Meteor Grey after seeing one at the dealers (on a sunny day). I ordered the car and when it was delivered it looked great under the artificial lighting at the dealers.

However over the next 6 months I fell totally out of love with it. In any weather but sunshine it looks just plain dull. I also realised that we get a lot of overcast days in the UK. Now I actually had it from March through to September so they should have been the best months for it.

I kept looking at the window and instead of feeling happy with my new purchase it did nothing for me. Also at the time (2009) loads of people were buying this colour. On the first time I filled up another A4 in Meteor Grey pulled in behind me. I started noticing them coz my brain got tuned into them but normally you don't as they're just so flat and dull. I also didn't like the green hue it had although the purply colour kinda worked.

The good news for me was my dealer misordered the car and left off Quattro so I had the chance to reorder and I changed the colour to Aruba Blue. Nearly 3 years on and I still love the colour.

I took very few pics of the Meteor Grey as it just felt like a loan car to me. This one shows the colour a bit :

Totally personal preference but you did ask. I'm much happier with Aruba Blue but accept not everyone will agree.

Last edited by scoTTy; 14th April 2012 at 11:51.
    ScottishS3 likes this.
    MY2010 B8 A4 Avant 2.0TFSI quattro S-line Executive
    Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    Gone : B6 S4 (AMD stage 3), TT (APR), Golf GTi, CBR600F

Neutral

Status
    That blue looks good on the Avant, didnt look good on the demo saloon I had though. I agree on the grey, it looks nice freshly waxed on a sunny day, but otherwise it does look a bit dull. But you could say the same for Black/White etc

5th Gear

Status
    I would love Sprint Blue but can't afford an S4!
    That was a great article and helped make my mind up. I certainly would not like a colour that looked dull in the usual overcast UK weather!
    I have decided I would like one in Aruba blue (but they are rare to find), Ibis White (might annoy me trying to keep it clean though!!!) Quartz Grey or Misano Red. just need to find a decent mileage and specced one now (Bluetooth & Sat Nav)......which is proving hard.
    2009 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI S line, Misano Red, 19" Black Edition Rotors, RS4 Grille, Sat Nav, AMI, Bluetooth, Phone & Voice Prep, CD Changer, Gloss Pack, Heated Seats, Cruise Control, Electric Folding Mirrors, S line Suspension, Dynamic Boot Spoiler, K&N Typhoon Induction Kit