Is Meteor Grey a nice colour?

ScottishA4B9

Reaction score
I have seen an A4 (B8) S-Line that has got a decent spec (FINALLY!!!!!!!).

Thing is its Meteor Grey and I have not seen that colour in person before.
It Looks lightish in the pics and in the brochure but some of the other ones online look really dark.

I am wondering if its a nice colour and if it is hard to keep clean or shows marks easily?

I originally wanted a light Grey but I have now realised that if I want an A4 with a decent spec, I cant be picky!!!

Vehicle View - Audi A4 Saloon 1.8 T FSI 160 PS S-Line Manual - Docklands

Last edited:
Personally I think that Meteor grey is a great colour, they don't do it now as they've changed it for Monsoon grey (slightly different) but if they had I'd have ordered it for my car.

I like it. I have dolphin grey and it looks similar to that. Look great when clean and waxed, so Ive been told.

Before I start : colours are very personal and my opinion is just that. I'm also colour blind ... although that shouldn't affect my perspective of Meteor Grey.

Right then .....

I liked Meteor Grey after seeing one at the dealers (on a sunny day). I ordered the car and when it was delivered it looked great under the artificial lighting at the dealers.

However over the next 6 months I fell totally out of love with it. In any weather but sunshine it looks just plain dull. I also realised that we get a lot of overcast days in the UK. Now I actually had it from March through to September so they should have been the best months for it.

I kept looking at the window and instead of feeling happy with my new purchase it did nothing for me. Also at the time (2009) loads of people were buying this colour. On the first time I filled up another A4 in Meteor Grey pulled in behind me. I started noticing them coz my brain got tuned into them but normally you don't as they're just so flat and dull. I also didn't like the green hue it had although the purply colour kinda worked.

The good news for me was my dealer misordered the car and left off Quattro so I had the chance to reorder and I changed the colour to Aruba Blue. Nearly 3 years on and I still love the colour.

I took very few pics of the Meteor Grey as it just felt like a loan car to me. This one shows the colour a bit :

Roof_box.JPG

IMG_0697%20%5B800x600%5D.JPG

IMG_0695%20%5B800x600%5D.JPG

Totally personal preference but you did ask. I'm much happier with Aruba Blue but accept not everyone will agree.

IMG_1218%20%5B800x600%5D.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: ScottishA4B9
That blue looks good on the Avant, didnt look good on the demo saloon I had though. I agree on the grey, it looks nice freshly waxed on a sunny day, but otherwise it does look a bit dull. But you could say the same for Black/White etc

I would love Sprint Blue but can't afford an S4! :(
That was a great article and helped make my mind up. I certainly would not like a colour that looked dull in the usual overcast UK weather!
I have decided I would like one in Aruba blue (but they are rare to find), Ibis White (might annoy me trying to keep it clean though!!!) Quartz Grey or Misano Red. just need to find a decent mileage and specced one now (Bluetooth & Sat Nav)......which is proving hard.