AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    2nd Gear

Status

Rust spots?? help!!

Hi all. Was giving the car a good clean at the weekend (again) and noticed the attached rust? spots. There seems to be some ferros contamination coming through the paint in various areas all over the car. I have never left the car near anywhere that should have left such deposits as suggested by Audi. These as I say seem to be coming from below the clearcoat. Anypne got any ideas? Its going to the body shop for them to have a look at.

2011 A4 2.0 TFSI Quattro Dynamik. IBIS White.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    it looks like grinding particles from metal work, or body work. See what the body shop say?

The hot metal penetrates the clear coat and bonds there rusting

6th Gear

Status
    agreed. someones been covering that in metal grindings. using a grinder near it.

Hax
    Reverse Gear

Status
    I've seen that on a Focus and it was traced back to when it was transported from the factory to the port in Germany.

The pantograph that picks up the overhead power on electric trains often throws sparks off.
    is there the same on the glass?

6th Gear

Status
    would be interesting to know if it was just on the surface.some iron x would get rid, but worrying if it is under the clearcoat
    Pass me my sock

Want to help cure cancer? http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage

2nd Gear

Status
    Cant see any on the glass. Under the bonnet it can be ironx'd as there is no clearcoat applied but on the bodywork its definitely under the clearcoat. My car sits next to my wifes white car and there is nothing on it so its definitely an issue with the car itself. I got the feeling that the Audi bodyshop were less than interested. Problem is i work away from home 5 days a week so they want me to drop it at a local garage and one of their 'drivers' will take it to Inverness so they can look at it. Not keen on the extra mileage or someone else giving it a bit of 'legs' but i have no choice.

2011 A4 2.0 TFSI Quattro Dynamik. IBIS White.

2nd Gear

Status
    Looks just like I had on a car after they had swapped a corner panel due to accident damage, its sparks from the grinder/chips from the saw.

Any sign of accident repair? If one panel does not have the marks, thats the one they replaced......

5th Gear

Status
    Hope you get it sorted mate. I'm also in Elgin. I'm sure have have you driving around in your lovely A4!!
    2009 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI S line, Misano Red, 19" Black Edition Rotors, RS4 Grille, Sat Nav, AMI, Bluetooth, Phone & Voice Prep, CD Changer, Gloss Pack, Heated Seats, Cruise Control, Electric Folding Mirrors, S line Suspension, Dynamic Boot Spoiler, K&N Typhoon Induction Kit

1st Gear

Status
    I would agree with hot metal deposits. My Mum has a mini cooper in white and the back of it did exactly the same. Turns out it was off trains causing sparks off the railway line where she parked for work. Needless to say she parks elsewhere now.