New A4 ordered.........excited aint the word!

wassap

Reaction score
Just placed the order for my new Company Car, as im a OAP at 34, I decided to opt for the Avant.

I tried all the 2.0 TDI engines, but as the TDIe models were cheap as chips I decided to go for the 136ps engine and spec the car up. I loved the way the S-Line looked but hated the jiggly ride, so Ive gone for the SE technik.

Ive had the following options :

Power Boot
3 spoke wheel
Tech Pack High
Sound Pack
Heated front and rear Leather seats
Load area system - to satisfy the old man in me!
Lighting and storage pack
Adaptive headlights - to satisfy the chav in me!

As I spent far too much on options, ive stuk with plain old black. Its funny though how my old man-ness is complete, ive gone from a Mondeo ST, to a Focus ST3, to Honda Accord Diesel. I loved all of them, but the Honda has been the most satisfying, the Audi has alot to live up to.

Im sooo excited! Pointless thread really

Nice - do you have any idea what the contract terms were - period and monthly cost etc? I've had a couple of heavily specced up A3s (circa £5k worth of options) and find the lease companies usually hammer you as they attach no residual value to options and just divide the cost of them by the term so you end up paying for them outright. That's one reason why the S-Line or Black Edition A4 appealed to me, as it has most of the options I'd want as standard anyway and should be more-cost effective to lease.

Interesting to see you opted for the SE technik over the S-line model. What did you make of the difference in body kit? (*prays* there is a difference based on the fact SE has different bodykit :p)

thanks for that didnt know they did that

Yeah it's really annoying, especially on the A3 where even the S-Line model is relatively poorly specced and you have to pay for things like Xenons as options.

They need to wake up. I was chatting recently with a mate who lives in Germany and recently took delivery of his new company Beemer and, over there, they do factor in the options properly and attach some residual value to them. Granted, many options won't really be worth anything when it comes time to auction the car off at the end of the lease, but some of them, like four-figure Satnav or Xenon options, do add value to the car at sale time and this should be factored into the price really.

Just placed the order for my new Company Car, as im a OAP at 34, I decided to opt for the Avant.

I tried all the 2.0 TDI engines, but as the TDIe models were cheap as chips I decided to go for the 136ps engine and spec the car up. I loved the way the S-Line looked but hated the jiggly ride, so Ive gone for the SE technik.

Ive had the following options :

Power Boot
3 spoke wheel
Tech Pack High
Sound Pack
Heated front and rear Leather seats
Load area system - to satisfy the old man in me!
Lighting and storage pack
Adaptive headlights - to satisfy the chav in me!

As I spent far too much on options, ive stuk with plain old black. Its funny though how my old man-ness is complete, ive gone from a Mondeo ST, to a Focus ST3, to Honda Accord Diesel. I loved all of them, but the Honda has been the most satisfying, the Audi has alot to live up to.

Im sooo excited! Pointless thread really

Welcome to ASN. Post pics of the car when you get. Enjoy the forum. :)

To be honest, the body kit differenced we very subtle, hence my choice, for me the S-Line suspension is too hard, and as it doesnt come with much kit, the SE-T was a better bet.

Vertigo (are you the same Vertigo from OCUK?), our cars are through lex, its a 4 year, 100k, which ever comes 1st deal. Thats costing me circa 210 a month all in including private fuel, without the extras it would have been 160. So yes its stupid to be spending £50 of my own money a month for something I wont ever get back, but the reality is, its my car for 4 years, and prestige cars dont feel special to me, if they dont have the prestige features. I have a MX5 for my driving thrills, so this is my comfy cruiser, and thats why the S-Line trimmings were not of real interest to me, lets face it, its a diseasal estate at the end of the day lol

If any one else is worried about the sline susp bieng too hard (my sline is like a citroen even after uprated arb's) stick some continental sport 5p tyres on.softens it right up.
its only a diesel estate??????

Its not hard per se, they just seem to have a 'Jiggly/Fidgety' ride, with big alloys and the S-line suspension.

Took a new model S- line BE saloon for a long run today (200 miles) and found the ride to be slightly softer than my 2011 S Line BE Avant on same wheels and tyres. This was suprising as the SE which I took on a similar journey was not that much softer. New S Line steering wheel is just the right rim size and feels better than the old one. Only slight annoyance was the new gloss surround to the warning light cluster which gives off bright reflections at the corners when something passes which led me to believe a warning light had come on and gone off.