My 2012 A4 Avant 2.0TDI Black Edition Quattro

xs2man

Reaction score
Well, thought I would fire up all the pics I have now I have had the motor a few days.

If you are thinking of getting one, they are fantastic. Don't believe them if they tell you they cant move on price. I got this on a PCP deal, and worked them so hard, it was essentially 0% interest...

Angus-20120324-00244.jpg

Angus-20120324-00241.jpg

Angus-20120324-00235.jpg

Angus-20120324-00234.jpg

Angus-20120324-00233.jpg

Angus-20120324-00243.jpg

Angus-20120324-00242.jpg

Angus-20120324-00240.jpg

Angus-20120324-00239.jpg

Angus-20120324-00238.jpg

Angus-20120324-00237.jpg

Angus-20120324-00236.jpg

Angus-20120324-00246.jpg

Angus-20120324-00245.jpg

Reactions: Paullie
Yeah, Phantom Black. With special rusty brakes apparently, lol. Shoulda taken her for a spin before photos.

Looks great. I know there's been talk on this forum about the facelift looks, but for me it's much better than the pre-facelift. What's the B&O sound like in the avant?

It is pretty good. I haven't really ripped it up yet either. I know from my hifi that you also need to run in speakers. But so far it has been good. Although, admittedly, I did feel my old S-line also had a very good sound system in it.

Reactions: sulaiman
I went from a B7 S4 to an Octavia vrs and the wife hasn't stopped moaning about how she misses the BOSE from the Audi! Hasn't missed anything else, just the speakers!!

Well it was originally going to be white. But I was driving the deal that hard I got them to throw in the phantom black at the same time as reducing my deposit and monthly payments.

Feel kinda sorry for the sales guy. His original offer was pretty good, but I kept at him, and as said, I essentially got it interest free. RESULT.

Well it was originally going to be white. But I was driving the deal that hard I got them to throw in the phantom black at the same time as reducing my deposit and monthly payments.

Feel kinda sorry for the sales guy. His original offer was pretty good, but I kept at him, and as said, I essentially got it interest free. RESULT.

Nice, IMO Avants look better than saloons!
But I am slightly bias!
Tell us about this interest free deal then?
Pcp and 0% apr?? Sounds great

Looks cracking mate and lovely in black! Planning to get the same myself but in white and with the other style of wheels. Have you got any pictures with the DRLs lit up at night or during the day?

Beautiful car! Happy days on the deal you got it for too, nice one. Love these new lights :wub: xx

The car's very nice mate, the new face is defo growing on me.

Looking good, almost as good as the MKII Golf in the background:)

Looking good, almost as good as the MKII Golf in the background:)

Eagle eyes. Only got that as it was taking too long to build the BE, lol. Can't see the B6 S4 coz thats in the garage, lol.

The deal was good. I basically went into my normal dealership and told them what I wanted to pay. They got pretty close. Then I went 2 dealers away, and got them to beat it. Then one dealer away, and they beat them. Then called my normal dealer, fudged the numbers slightly, added the paint, and told them to beat that. They did. Then offered guaranteed price on the trade in, but took 2-3 months for the build, so I had paid off more on the trade in when swap day came. As well as they had revised their future value of the BE up when it was released. So I got a further £25 per month off, after adding in both insurances (GAP + Wheel & Tyre).

In the end, the overall amount I pay is pretty much the same as the A4 costs on the Audi website configurator, plus the GAP and wheel / tyre insurance I took out. But spread over the 4 year PCP. The actual % is 5.9, but once you take it all in, its 0% on the official OTR price.

Only taken pics with my BB, so the actual pics of the lights is awful. Will get better ones and post up.

What's this wheel and tyre insurance? My dealer told me that they wouldn't offer me the alloy repair insurance as they cannot guarantee the smart repair to the BE style of alloys.

It was 5 tyres up to £250 each, and 10 wheel refurbs up to £150 each, over 3 years. Came to £400 though, but just went for it because the wife drives it a lot.

To be honest, I will just plan on full refurbs at 18 and 34 months, just to keep within the time frame. As for tyres, it doesn't cover normal wear, but vandalism is covered fine.

Came to £400 though, but just went for it because the wife drives it a lot.

:icon_thumright: Love it and sooo true!

I looked at that but the dealer said as mine are diamond cut, they can't be covered!

Hi, very nice car mate. I am due to pick up the same car in Daytona Grey pearl in 2 weeks. I see you didn't go for a Tech Pack...
I have a similar experience to yours on the PCP deal. Ended up getting 2 Audi dealers to fight it out for the sale. They initially said they would not be drawn into that type of sale but when I showed my local dealer a firm quote from another audi dealer, his face dropped and proceeded to beat that quote. The result is I get the car at negative interest. With the contributions from Audi and the dealer as well as the PCP, I end up paying less than the list price of my car on the configurator over 3 years. Nice :)
A4s look better in Avant version IMO.

If I have any advice, get a squeezy bottle full of water and a damp chamois in a bag in the boot. I had a bird **** on my bonnet and it burned into my paint. I've had it polished and a fine wet and dry taking off a layer of lacquer and its still there. the sooner you can loosen it and get it off, the better.

Thought I recognised that drive there....then I realised you used to have a mk4!

This looks proper nice!

:icon_thumright: Love it and sooo true!

I looked at that but the dealer said as mine are diamond cut, they can't be covered!

The Titanium Rotor Alloys on the BE (like xs2man and mine) are diamond cut and can be covered under the tyre and wheel insurance! You should challenge your dealer on this. Although they require a little more skill they can be refurbed. I decided not to take this insurance as I was told that a refurb was 100 to 150 £. With a cover at 400£ over 3 years, I could curb the wheels 3 times (once a year) and still get them refurbed for less than the cover... This is a question of choice. I am the only driver of my car and I trust myself to take care of the alloys, although I'm sure 1 refurb will be needed at some point :)

Don't scare me, I already "badly park" to ensure no scratches on my 20 spokes. Stupid polished rim. And they're ^&*^&* to clean!

Avants rock though.

Your car looks great. Did you go for the extra low sline suspension option or just stick with the standard suspension? I just got a Silver 177 with the extra low sline suspension last Friday only to discover on Sunday that it had the 143 engine in it. Good old Audi! I have been offered a 177 quattro as a replacement but without the extra low sline suspension and am not sure what to do. I like that mine is nice and low and just wondered what you had on yours as it looks good.

Mine doesn't have the S-Line suspension. I wasn't bothered either way to be honest, because while I do like a low car, I wanted the quattro for driving in the snow to get out my drive / go ski-ing, so the extra clearance is more practical.