Monster MotorsportJMB Retrofits
    Neutral

Status

VCDS delivery, 1 happy customer.

Evening people,

Just thought I would offer my thoughts on the VCDS as I received it today and am delighted to have it. Coded in the dial sweep, seatbelt chime removal and cleared all error codes. First of all I'd like to mention how easy it is to use, when researching and reading about coding I actually thought you needed to write codes into the car however nothing is further from the truth in actual fact it's simple tick box's.

At the weekend I will code in my new cruise control stalks and report back on this.

For anybody sitting on the fence to get one of these, do it it's a brilliant tool.

If there is anyone in the Aberdeen area who wishes to use my cable feel free to drop me a line.
    Thanks

5tuy

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by l5tuy View Post
    Evening people,

Just thought I would offer my thoughts on the VCDS as I received it today and am delighted to have it. Coded in the dial sweep, seatbelt chime removal and cleared all error codes. First of all I'd like to mention how easy it is to use, when researching and reading about coding I actually thought you needed to write codes into the car however nothing is further from the truth in actual fact it's simple tick box's.

At the weekend I will code in my new cruise control stalks and report back on this.

For anybody sitting on the fence to get one of these, do it it's a brilliant tool.

If there is anyone in the Aberdeen area who wishes to use my cable feel free to drop me a line.
    Thanks

5tuy
    Stuy, I will add your cable into the Scottish members section if thats ok with you?

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    Stuy, I will add your cable into the Scottish members section if thats ok with you?
    Absolutely, I didn't realise there was a register. Good idea though.

5tuy

Status
    There sure is Stuy. Link below for your reference.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/smaller...ml#post1523886

Neutral

Status
    Oh yes, I have seen that number 99 that's me.

Thanks

4th Gear

Status
    Nice one. Is the needle sweep hard to do?
    Looking for the right A4 Quattro. 1.9 TDI / 1.8T or 2.0T...
    My A4:http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4-a4-a4-cab-b8-chassis/125399-my-brief.html

Status
    Oh yes, I have seen that number 99 that's me.

Thanks
    I have just updated the info with your VCDS. Thanks

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by xs2man View Post
    Nice one. Is the needle sweep hard to do?
    Not at all mate, Ross-tech web site spoon feeds you through it with a step by step. Looks pretty cool, in fact looks cool as cook ;-)

5tuy

4th Gear

Status
    Nice. I wonder if there is any difference in the 2012 clocks? Might have to hit you up as your just up the road a wee bit.
    My A4:http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4-a4-a4-cab-b8-chassis/125399-my-brief.html

Neutral

Status
    I'd pressume the 2012 clocks would be the same.

Anytime bud, where are you based? Seems to be alot of NE Scottish people on here :-)

Stu

4th Gear

Status
    I'm between Arbroath and Brechin. Pick up my 2012 today. Woo hoo.

Neutral

Status
    Brilliant, couldn't have asked for a better day for it. Nothing better than picking up a nice shiney new car in the sun

I spend alot of time in Arbroath as my folks have a holiday home (caravan, but not the gypo kind:-) there, if you fancy a go of VCDS let me know and we can sort something out.

Stu

4th Gear

Status
    Yeah, well it wont be shiney. I asked them not to wash it. Will do that myself tomorrow, lol.

2nd Gear

Status
    CAn you do the tow bar update with VCDS? Im in Elgin and just about to book for a towbar update by Audi Inverness.

2011 A4 2.0 TFSI Quattro Dynamik. IBIS White.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by riggssuzuki View Post
    CAn you do the tow bar update with VCDS? Im in Elgin and just about to book for a towbar update by Audi Inverness.
    I haven't tried it but i am planning on doing it, from what i've seen on here it is possible.

L 5tuy

Neutral

Status
    Hi l5tuy, this is a very useful post! Please could you point me in the right direction to get my own VCDS? Is it just a case of ordering the cable/dongle and downloading the software? Do you know where I can get this from please? Thanks in advance! Just picked up my new 2012 A4 Avant BE today. Still buzzing!

Just Looking

Status
    Ross-Tech Store

Ross-Tech: Distributor List

The software is free to download, the licence is built into the cable and hence the high-ish cost.
    Stu.

A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, Quartz Grey, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara with Silver Stitching & Heating, Nav High, B & O, AMI, DAB, Parking Advanced & Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated Electric Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Previous MY11 S3 Sportback Black Edition, S-Tronic, Ibis White.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by VRStu View Post
    Ross-Tech Store

Ross-Tech: Distributor List

The software is free to download, the licence is built into the cable and hence the high-ish cost.
    Hi VRStu, thanks for the fast reply! very helpful, I'll give this a go. Great info as usual

Neutral

Status
    1 question. Any risk of invalidating warranty if I use VCDS? Thanks

Just Looking

Status
    No not really. I've never heard of a case where there has been a problem, it's a proper professional tool.

I guess if you broke something then you'd be liable - Just don't break anything!!
    Stu.

A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, Quartz Grey, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara with Silver Stitching & Heating, Nav High, B & O, AMI, DAB, Parking Advanced & Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated Electric Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Previous MY11 S3 Sportback Black Edition, S-Tronic, Ibis White.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by VRStu View Post
    No not really. I've never heard of a case where there has been a problem, it's a proper professional tool.

I guess if you broke something then you'd be liable - Just don't break anything!!
    OK. Sounds good think I might order one of these

Neutral

Status
    Hopefully not to late but don't buy direct from Ross-tech. Not that there is anything wrong with their service (in fact it's impeccable) but theres a dealer on here who is doing a special at the moment, buy from him and you'll save yourself £20 or so.

Either way it's a very handy tool, I retro-fitted cruise last weekend and delighted with how easy it was.

If you need any help, just ask.

Stuy

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kwask2or View Post
    OK. Sounds good think I might order one of these
    User NHN has a group buy runnng.

5th Gear

Status
    Will keep you in mind mate! I'm in Elgin!
    Out of interest, what exactly can you change/alter/mess around with on a B8?
    Can the needle sweep be coded in for any B8?
    2009 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI S line, Misano Red, 19" Black Edition Rotors, RS4 Grille, Sat Nav, AMI, Bluetooth, Phone & Voice Prep, CD Changer, Gloss Pack, Heated Seats, Cruise Control, Electric Folding Mirrors, S line Suspension, Dynamic Boot Spoiler, K&N Typhoon Induction Kit

5th Gear

Status
    Does anybody have a link for the Group Buy? I can't find it.
    2009 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI S line, Misano Red, 19" Black Edition Rotors, RS4 Grille, Sat Nav, AMI, Bluetooth, Phone & Voice Prep, CD Changer, Gloss Pack, Heated Seats, Cruise Control, Electric Folding Mirrors, S line Suspension, Dynamic Boot Spoiler, K&N Typhoon Induction Kit

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishS3 View Post
    Does anybody have a link for the Group Buy? I can't find it.
    There you go. Or just contact user NHN by pm.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/group-b...ml#post1551449

Neutral

Status
    Will keep you in mind mate! I'm in Elgin!
    Out of interest, what exactly can you change/alter/mess around with on a B8?
    Can the needle sweep be coded in for any B8?
    Theres a few pidly little things you can play around with inc the sweep (which I believe works in all B8s but could be wrong), but switching things like cruise control and towbar electrics on was a big plus for me.

Stu

Ps I'm happy to allow you access to mines ;-)

5th Gear

Status
    Theres a few pidly little things you can play around with inc the sweep (which I believe works in all B8s but could be wrong), but switching things like cruise control and towbar electrics on was a big plus for me.

Stu

Ps I'm happy to allow you access to mines ;-)
    Cheers mate! I just need to buy a B8 first!!!! Doesn't seem to be many up this neck of the woods for sale!!!

Neutral

Status
    Cheers mate! I just need to buy a B8 first!!!! Doesn't seem to be many up this neck of the woods for sale!!!
    Know what you mean, i found one at Honda in Aberdeen (black 2.0tdi s-line) by the time i got there it was sold, but strangely/luckily enough they got another white one in the next week which i made sure i was there in time to see and subsequently buy (at a reasonable price too has to be said).

Stu