connecting the phone thingymajig

kev.s

Reaction score
anyone know how much it is to connect/install the phone into the radio bit of the car? i press the "tel" button and it says not installed.

oh, new to the forum,new to audi,and sh1t with technology :icon_thumright:

cheers in advance

Are you talking about Bluetooth? Make sure your bluetooth is switched on on the phone, and discoverable, then you probably need a passcode or something? Which you enter into both the phone and the car IIRC.

no i don't think so, on the radio display it has "Tel" and the steeing wheel has a button with what appears to be a voice icon, when i push either of these it comes up not installed, don't think this is bluetooth , is it?

You have to connect your mobile via bluetooth to the car first though.

ah ok, so does this then allow me to use the steering wheel function and radio facia to make/receive calls using the speaker system in the car?

Yeah. Its just a built in hands free option. So you make and receive calls through the car stereo rather than through the handset.

Do you have the owners manual?

i do an i've tried looking for details about this but can't see anything. i tried to find the system via my phone and it showed SOMETHING CALLED BLUE&ME, i tried to connect but then it disappeared and i can't find it anywhere now :(

it's a 58 s-line and wondered if this should be standard or would it be an optional? my mate's 09 had it but unsure if this was a standard feature.

sorry for the questions, and thanks for the advice all.

just out of interest, do you have an adapter in the centre arm rest or a sharkfin on the roof?

got an aux in the arm rest, no shark fin.

fecked off with it now, gonna go the dealer the morro :/

Hit the TEL button on the stereo, and goto bluetooth PIN. Enter 0000 or something. Then go to your phone, and connect a new bluetooth device. Search and your Audi bluetooth will come up. Connect to it, and when it asks for your passcode, enter the one you entered earlier. Job done.

As for making and receiving calls, its easily done thought menu system, or you can read the manual and it will tell you how to do it by voice.

If when you press the phone button and you are getting "telephone not installed" you do not have Bluetooth fitted. You can try all you like searching from your phone but it will not find what is not there. Retrofitting oem kit is very expensive, parrot devices may be your best bet or other solutions as will no doubt be recommended on here.

If when you press the phone button and you are getting "telephone not installed" you do not have Bluetooth fitted. You can try all you like searching from your phone but it will not find what is not there. Retrofitting oem kit is very expensive, parrot devices may be your best bet or other solutions as will no doubt be recommended on here.

perfect, thanks for that. :( i'll see how much dealer will charge to hook up oem kit. failing that i'll just let the bu66er ring!

Retro fitting oem bluetooth is not that expensive I did it the unit is about £230 plus an hours fitting, audi will charge you alot more
If you want more details let me know.