Just had the B8 re-mapped :-)

l5tuy

Reaction score
For anyone sitting on the fence as to wether to have a re-map done i can only recomend it. Just had my car done from a guy named Paul Winston who does Angel Tuning remaps and the improvement in power/torque is pretty impressive. Not to sure about increased MPG at this stage as at this stage i want to drive harder at the expense of mpg, however i'm sure once i start driving like an old lady again the mpg will increase slightly.

Just thought i would share this with you.

l 5TUY

For anyone sitting on the fence as to wether to have a re-map done i can only recomend it. Just had my car done from a guy named Paul Winston who does Angel Tuning remaps and the improvement in power/torque is pretty impressive. Not to sure about increased MPG at this stage as at this stage i want to drive harder at the expense of mpg, however i'm sure once i start driving like an old lady again the mpg will increase slightly.

Just thought i would share this with you.

l 5TUY

Nice. You dont mention what engine you have though Stu?

Good point Necroscope.

2.0TDI CR (143) and apparently the map gives 35bhp and 55ft-lbs gains, of course this can only be confirmed on rolling road but there is certainly a noticeable difference. We also had a chat about this DPF filters and i am keen to get that removed, the only reason i have left it on so far is it still works but i hate the technology and will probably remove this year.

Stu

I don't think DPF's cause such big issues on the CR engine as they did on the PD. If it were me I wouldn't rush to remove it.

Your probably right Stu and i probably wont remove it until my year extended warranty is out. I just don't like the technology of the DPF and see it as a hindrance to the exhaust flow and convinced i'm loosing mpg and power through it for a not so environmentally friendly device.

Next years mod's :)

Stuy