Chris NottJMB Retrofits
    1st Gear

Status

Inspection service confusion

Stafford Audi have just confused me (not hard TBF).

Around June/July 2011 Stafford serviced my S4 completing just an oil service (to the best of my knowledge). This service was gratis as the car was initially set up with fixed servicing over the requested variable.

On the 1st of March my car hits 2 years old, and i thought it was therefore due its first inspection service. This is despite the service indicator saying oil change in 4000 miles or 99 days and next service in 13700, 829 days.

I just called Stafford and they said not to worry about the inspection until the service indicator comes on. OK great, but does this screw my service history up, and does this sound right to anyone else???

Cheers.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Sparky

Status
    I had similar issues with mine (links below) i have also had problems with Teesside Audi re-setting the mileage date intervals incorrectly.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4-a4-a4-cab-b8-chassis/129001-service-interval-problem.html

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4-a4-a4-cab-b8-chassis/102842-servicing.html
    2.0Tdi 170 Black Edtion Avant

1st Gear

Status
    i was confused somewhat when the service indicator suggested an inspection service was due this week, i had an oil change service in nov .Any way having booked it for tomorrow audi rang me today to say it didnt need a service and to run it til 40000 miles when it needed its fuel filter changed ? now i am surprised !

4th Gear

Status
    Well, I had a service in November I think, under the 2 years servicing offer, and that offer is a load of bull. It says to manufacturers service schedule, but didn't include the multitronic gearbox oil (and filter?) due at 38k, nor did it include the fuel filter due at 40k. However, it did include the brake fluid due at 3 years (which is actually not until the 25th of this month, but hopefully its getting traded before then).

The offer is a load of bull, and I certainly wasn't happy. The car is now on 42k, but as its getting traded next month, I aint paying for them services on principle. They should have been covered as they are clearly manufacturer scheduled services.
    Looking for the right A4 Quattro. 1.9 TDI / 1.8T or 2.0T...
    My A4:http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4-a4-a4-cab-b8-chassis/125399-my-brief.html