AMI Not working?

redspudder

Sparky
Reaction score
I unplugged my ipod from the AMI last night to update the ipod.
I plugged back into the AMI after i had finished.This morning i was listening to music via the sd card and decided to switch to the ipod.I pressed the source button and the AMI selection is not higlighted it is greyed out as if i have nothing plugged in.I checked the connection in both the AMI and Ipod and all seems fine the ipod is even charging but the selection on the display is still greyed out,SD card and cds are all orange ready to select but the AMI option cannot be selcted any ideas???:uhm:

Have you tried plugging in another ipod....that worked for me.Happens on a regular basis and all i have to do now when it happens is to reconnect.I know that my ipods are 'fussy' with cables used to connect to the pc, but i doubt if you have one to swap out

I had a 160gb classic for the car, but it would skip tracks.Theyd play in itunes but not solo.Had it swapped by apple, same dance.If your ipod has a hard drive as opposed to a flash (touch and phone) it might be worth defragging.Double check that your cable is the correct one...there are two ...pre and post 2009

Last edited:
Cheers johnny,I have had the ipod(in and out to upload tracks via itunes many times) in the car for 2years with no issue?I have tried my daughters new ipod touch and it is the same,not really sure whats going on never had any issues in the 2years ive owned the car,i am going to try the USB cable in it with a USB stick just to see if that works then it could be the ipod lead.

I have had issues with ami not reading ipod even without disconnecting it unplug with key removed then turn on ignition try agian weird scenario !! eh..

seems to have a mind of its own.My hands free is doing me head in at the mo..occasionally just dials 0's and 8's on its todd.

Cheers johnny,I have had the ipod(in and out to upload tracks via itunes many times) in the car for 2years with no issue?I have tried my daughters new ipod touch and it is the same,not really sure whats going on never had any issues in the 2years ive owned the car,i am going to try the USB cable in it with a USB stick just to see if that works then it could be the ipod lead.

thats the frustrating part when its been ok for that long.Have you tried re seating the ami cable at the ami end?