Hello

tinka

Reaction score
Hello all,

After a 5year break, an E90, BMW M-SPORT, and a, Lexus IS 250, I have returned to Audi. I picked up a 2008 phantom black, A4, S-line, 2.7tdi, multitronic, a couple of weeks ago, and i'm well chuffed, with it.

It has loads of option too, sat nav, leather/alcantara, heated seats, advanced key, reverse camera, lane assist, blind spot warning, adaptive xenons and 2 free services.

Much better than the Lexus, and in terms of economy, im getting 42mpg at the moment, (im in economy mode) so should get well over 500 miles from the tank, compared to 390-400, on the lexus. The engine is fantastic, and so refined, compared to what I was expecting, so all in all, glad to be back in an audi.

Last edited:
​Hi, welcome to ASN. Hope you enjoy the forum.

Hello Tinka, welcome

Were you on bmwland with the same user name? I vaguely remember someone with an e90 going to buy an IS and can't help but tie the 2 together,

I was there until 18 months ago with an e91 330d, as de91m

Either way, the new car sounds a good one

Thanks all, da3m, you have a good memory, I was on bmwland, should never of changed the BMW realy, but I wanted something different, and a bit more refined, as the 320d was a bit noisy, so the Lexus kind of fitted the bill, but I never really got on with it, although I still think they are a great looking car. The Audi, is great, 6 cylinder diesels are perfect, in terms of refinement, economy and performance, and I do like the options it has.

It's done 53k, so above the norm, but it was a fair price, so cant grumble. Just have to resist the urge to tinker with it now, bluefin, seems interesting, as do the tuning box's, but I will try and leave well alone if I can.

Not sure if it's me, but the gearbox seems to whine a bit, is that because its cvt?.