Volks AutosChris Nott
    Neutral

Status

Fuel Economy for 3.2 V6 and 2.0FSI? Anyone?

Hi All,

My first post on this site so appologies if this has been asked before.

I'm in the market for a 1-2 yr old A4 Avant Quattro with either an 3.2 V6 265bhp or a 2.0FSI 211bhp engine.

Do any existing owners have the 'real' fuel economy figures for either engine please?

Cheers

Simo

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Simo_UK View Post
    Hi All,

I'm in the market for a 1-2 yr old A4 Avant Quattro with either an 3.2 V6 265bhp or a 2.0FSI 211bhp engine.

Do any existing owners have the 'real' fuel economy figures for either engine please?

Cheers

Simo
    I have a remapped 2.0 TFSI. On a journey of 64 miles including about 10 in town and 54 on rural roads. Lots of speed up and slow down i am now getting an average of about 38 to 40 mpg. I have done this trip numerous times and prior to remap was getting about 32 to 38 mpg. I drive normally i.e. not specifically trying to get good economy and overtake when i can. When really trying I have menaged with the remap to get 42mpg over the same journey. The remap has given me great mid range and a nice clean pull from low down to red line. not sure about figure. REVO state 305 HP but that is peak power. the torque is up to around 350 which is just fantastic. hope that helps. I doubt if the 3.2 V6 is that much quicker but will have much worse fuel economy.

cheers

Kev

2011 A4 2.0 TFSI Quattro Dynamik. IBIS White.

Neutral

Status
    I have a 2009 2.0 TFSi, totally standard car.

I have mixed driving- M way to work, shopping trips in town and A and B road drives to visit relatives. I find it can vary from high 20's to mid 30's. I did once, but only once, have it in the low 40's- very sedate trip around the North of Scotland!

For the performance i dont mind one bit. Overall, i'd put it bang on 30mpg on average, or 360-400 miles to a tank.

I did also have a 3.2 on demo 2 years ago for three days- that was a lovely car which made a great sound but was easily in the low 20's for fuel. Even driven sensibly, low 30's seemed impossible to me.......
    2009 A4 Avant, 2.0T Quattro S-Line, 19" alloys, B&O audio, Satnav, Reversing camera, Milano leather, misano red, light pack, heated seats, bluetooth phone prep

Honda VFR 800 VTEC - Italian Red

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by riggssuzuki View Post
    I have a remapped 2.0 TFSI. On a journey of 64 miles including about 10 in town and 54 on rural roads. Lots of speed up and slow down i am now getting an average of about 38 to 40 mpg. I have done this trip numerous times and prior to remap was getting about 32 to 38 mpg. I drive normally i.e. not specifically trying to get good economy and overtake when i can. When really trying I have menaged with the remap to get 42mpg over the same journey. The remap has given me great mid range and a nice clean pull from low down to red line. not sure about figure. REVO state 305 HP but that is peak power. the torque is up to around 350 which is just fantastic. hope that helps. I doubt if the 3.2 V6 is that much quicker but will have much worse fuel economy.

cheers

Kev
    Forgot to say its a 2011 model 2.0 TFSI Dynamik Quattro

1st Gear

Status
    i had the 3.2Q A3

i got 19mpg average over 20k miles

I have got 20mpg over 4k miles in my S4

so worse mpg and a fair bit less performance than the other 6

I'd say the 2.0T is a much better engine,

the 3.2 sounds lovely, but poor range and the top rate road tax too means its a very left field choice
    2012 Q3 S line S-Tronic 177 TDI
    2013 MINI GP

Previously B8 S4, 8P A3 3.2Q

Neutral

Status
    Thanks for all thre replies so far, much appreciated. Desperately trying to find a 2.0 with the spec I'm after, where as there are a handfu lof the 3.2s about fully loaded (aimed at mugs like me! )

Kev, regarding your remap, where did you get it from? Any warranty/insurance issues?

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks for all thre replies so far, much appreciated. Desperately trying to find a 2.0 with the spec I'm after, where as there are a handfu lof the 3.2s about fully loaded (aimed at mugs like me! )

Kev, regarding your remap, where did you get it from? Any warranty/insurance issues?
    I got a REVO remap from Wallace performance in Aberdeen. You get a warranty with the REVO map and no issues with Audi i believe.

The difference makes the car how it should have been in the 1st place. Superb instaed of just great

Neutral

Status
    Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Neutral

Status
    Hi All,

Cheers

Simo
    Your looking at buying a 3.2 V6 and your asking about fuel economy?

LOL

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by riggssuzuki View Post
    I got a REVO remap from Wallace performance in Aberdeen. You get a warranty with the REVO map and no issues with Audi i believe.
    When I see posts like this I simply have to ask :

what have you got in writing?
    what does the REVO warranty cover?
    MY2010 B8 A4 Avant 2.0TFSI quattro S-line Executive
    Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    Gone : B6 S4 (AMD stage 3), TT (APR), Golf GTi, CBR600F

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangio View Post
    Your looking at buying a 3.2 V6 and your asking about fuel economy?

LOL
    Damage limitation. Staring at the abyss. Perversion, call it what you like - I wanna know how much it's going to HURT!

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scoTTy View Post
    When I see posts like this I simply have to ask :

what have you got in writing?
    what does the REVO warranty cover?
    At the end of the day i dont give a rats a*s....lol. I love the power and the way it drives. If you doubt the validity of the warranty that REVO provide for their remap and the Audi warranty then fair do's. Audi would have to 1st know the vehicle had been remapped then prove it was due to the re map that whatever fault occured. Of course their is a risk. On your insurance poicy for your car if you do not fit OEM equipment i.e. tyres, wheels, higher rated bulbs etc then the same applies they may or may not pay out. Its all about risk and I am happy with it. Many people question the warranty issue but so far i have seen no one on any forum with issues surrounding manufacturers warranty vs a remap issue. If you know of any I stand corrected. The REVO warranty covers failure of software nothing more. If you choose to remqap your car then it is a risk you take i suppose.

I see you have questioned this a few times. My suggestion for you is dont take the risk if you are unhappy about possible issues. I notice you have had both a B6 S4 (AMD stage 3) and TT (APR) did you not consider warranty an issue with these vehicles?

Just asking and chucking my hat into the ring. No offence meant at all if I have caused any.

5th Gear

Status
    I have heard a few audi dealers have mentioned a Remap is an issue for warranty. They'll find a way to get out of paying if they can, and will be difficult to prove the remap wasn't the cause. Its a risk.
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

Neutral

Status
    How much did Wallace charge for the revo remap, if i may ask? Did it take long and would you recommend them?

I'm near Edinburgh, dont know of anyone near here who does it but i also head up to Aberdeen quite often.

On the plus side, my mate had his Seat Leon FR550 remapped at new by revo- seat approved- and he has had nothing but praise and no issues whatsoever........
    2009 A4 Avant, 2.0T Quattro S-Line, 19" alloys, B&O audio, Satnav, Reversing camera, Milano leather, misano red, light pack, heated seats, bluetooth phone prep

Honda VFR 800 VTEC - Italian Red

1st Gear

Status
    Mines not a quattro unfortunatly but my average is always in the mid to high 30's. So i would say 30+ is reasonable for a quattro 2.0TFSI. My driving is about 50miles a day of A and B roads. However around town mine quickly drops into the 20's

2nd Gear

Status

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    How much did Wallace charge for the revo remap, if i may ask? Did it take long and would you recommend them?

I'm near Edinburgh, dont know of anyone near here who does it but i also head up to Aberdeen quite often.

On the plus side, my mate had his Seat Leon FR550 remapped at new by revo- seat approved- and he has had nothing but praise and no issues whatsoever........
    Its a standard charge of £499 + VAT. It took quite a long time as they had been told it could be done through the Standard OBDI port. This was not the case so it took a lot of checking, phone calls and general head scratching. Once they resolved it it took about 30 mins. So if you book in let them know its a B8 and mention my White 2.0 TFSI. Should be no probs and about an hour start to finish if they get staright on it. I would definitely recommend them. No coffee machine though but a nice little sandwich bar about 200m away.

DO IT!!!