A4 2l 143 mpg

S.line

Reaction score
Another thread about this topic which never really goes anywhere. What I'm finding is a normal commute to and from work of about 10 mile the engine hasn't warmed up fully so I'm only getting about 42/43mpg. The other day while on a run out on the motorway I reset the @2 mpg and it stuck at over 55mpg! It stayed there but is gradually dropping back down due to the commute. My point is this. If the engine was to warm to optimum efficiency sooner you WILL see a difference! I used to remember my dad putting some cardboard on the grille of his '84 Volvo estate to do just that. Surely something can be done here ???

Just got to wait for Audi to add the technology from BMW.

BM's have active front grills that open and close to keep the engine optimal!
Cardboard is a bad idea IMO, I'm getting around 42mpg on my daily commute of 36 miles, mine is Quattro tho!

I wasnt thinking about cardboard lol. I might fit some blinds to the grille tho with the string hooped around the mirror so I can control it lol!

I wasnt thinking about cardboard lol. I might fit some blinds to the grille tho with the string hooped around the mirror so I can control it lol!

I remember my old man warming bacon sarnies in a service station when were going on holiday on his vauxhall viva engine all those years ago :p

I remember my old man warming bacon sarnies in a service station when were going on holiday on his vauxhall viva engine all those years ago :p

Haha! Showing your age now!

:whistle2: I remember the viva's too tho :keule: