Audi A4 2012 Black Edition

DAZS3

Reaction score
Hi i have just placed an order for the 2012 A4 Black Edition with the petrol 170bhp engine i was originally told march delivery but now the dealers saying it could be june at the earliest ? And that if the car isnt delivered before june then the current finance package and dealer deposit contribution may not go ahead !! I was wondering if anyone else had ordered lately and what lead times they have been given.
Thanks

Although ours is not a facelift version, when we placed our Black edition order in the middle of september 2011, it was here in middle of january 2012.

From what i read, the long times are a combination of both popular demand and also the fact that the TDI engines were in great demand but as your ordering a petrol, from what i can remember, customers received them a little quicker.

I'm not sure on the ins and outs of finance packages but i would have thought if you placed your order under a certain agreement, then that would be honoured even if the actual delay caused the car to be delivered later than expected, as that is something out of your control. I'll leave somebody with more intimate knowledge to deal with the finance side but hope the other info helps :D

I haven't heard anything new from my dealer. I ordered about 2-3 weeks ago, with an anticipated delivery end of March. Will be interesting to see whats said. I ordered a 2.0 TDI 177 Quattro BE though.

Nice choice. As i mentioned in another thread, i'm not keen on the new body styling to be honest. The 'older' styling with the round foglights looks better to me, but i will admit i prefer the rear single strip LED lights but still not decided on whether the front are better than the older individual LEDs.

The individual LEDs seem to have a more dominant presence on the road IMO that says 'Get the hell outta the way' lol but the single does look slick albeit not as agressive i on the road i guess.

I think if the improvements in engine, lights and improved standard equipment was availble on the 'old' shape black editions, i would definitely say it was a no brainer to hold off. Personally glad we didn't but maybe theres hope to retrofit the facelift single strip LED light design to the pre-facelift down the line.

Definitely envy the increased engine power and lower CO2 emissions though as they give an even better road tax bracket than the previous engines.

Reactions: ABYSS
Hi i have just placed an order for the 2012 A4 Black Edition with the petrol 170bhp engine i was originally told march delivery but now the dealers saying it could be june at the earliest ? And that if the car isnt delivered before june then the current finance package and dealer deposit contribution may not go ahead !! I was wondering if anyone else had ordered lately and what lead times they have been given.
Thanks

I ordered my S4 BE in the first week december and was given a week 9 build. This has now changed to "????" due to BE component shortages, spoke to the dealer and they can't give me any commitment to a delivery time.

Oh, I better give my dealer a call then. I was told week 9 build date too.

Had the same problem when I ordered back in March last year.
The retail finance offer on the Black edition is based on taking delivery prior to the end of the finance deal
(even thought on the Audi website it says ‘orders placed’!)

The dealership cannot take orders for a offer if the build system quotes a projected deliver date beyond the deal date.
Basically I had to place my order subject to the next quarters finance deal been announced.
The dealership agreed that if new next quarter finance offer wasn’t the same I could have my deposit back and
walk away if I wanted to.

There might not of even been a new deal, however as is so popular it’s a good chance Audi will just extend the offer
as they have done before.

In the end it worked out that the new quarter finance deal was actual slightly better APR by a few £ per month.

I had to wait 17 weeks from order to delivery and build date was not confirmed until a week before it was built!
Whatever you to don’t amend the spec after the first couple of weeks - unless you want to delay the car - I wanted to add Hill hold assist and was told it would add 7 weeks!

Definitely worth the wait!

Thanks for the info guys,
Hopefully il get some more info in the coming weeks, I had been told i could get an Sline quicker but really would like the Black Edition.

hold out.youll only regret it if you dont.if the dealer wont stick to the deal, go somewhere else.

Thanks for the info guys,
Hopefully il get some more info in the coming weeks, I had been told i could get an Sline quicker but really would like the Black Edition.

Your right to hold off mate, as the Black Editions are really special IMO and well worth the wait. Our own just puts an absolute smile on my face and it is every inch classy as it is agressive. The phantom black and the 19" alternate 5 segments just really do give it that look, and this is while the cars got dirt and needs a good detaling lol.

You should definitely play around with the Audi car configurator to see your potential colour combinations with the titanium rotors and see if they're to your liking OR look at the other options we got in the 5 segment and see if you prefer them.

Personally hope to change the cars colour scheme up sometime down the line and to us, the 5 segment wheels just seemed to blend with ANY colour you can chuck at the car really. They just seemed to work so well with the lines of the car, whereas the titanium rotors didn't IMO and suited some colour combos a lot better than others but again, it all boils down to personal preference.

Also, have a look into the actual colours available in person on actual cars in various sunlight and overcast conditions as the new glacier white option can appear with a blue tinge in the less than bright conditions which you might prefer or not. and colour cutouts can only tell you so much.

hold out.youll only regret it if you dont.if the dealer wont stick to the deal, go somewhere else.

+1.000.000

YOU are the person in charger & BELIEVE me, that if you get the slightest bad vibe off the guy/gal selling to you, it would be a good idea to look at another sales person or go to another dealership altogether.

Our sales guy was a PITA to deal with and when our car came delivered to the dealership, we got a look at it before our pickup date and it actually came with the original titanium rotors factory fitted and not the 5 segments we asked for. His excuse was that when we changed our order from the TFSI 170 Black Edition to the TDI, we didn't spec the wheels, even though we mentioned it like a zillion times and just before we left him when we placed our final order.

He just would not be moved and continually spouted the garbage that "Your getting what you signed for" and this peeved me off as he told us that we should keep the older 170 TFSI papers as he's transferring those onto the 170 TDI order and luckily, when we checked at home, we still had the signed papers from the 170 TFSI that did state the 5 segment wheels and went straight back to have it out with him.

He wasn't really helpful throughout most of the process tbh and actually think there was a racial prejudice somewhat to explain why but as soon as we went back with the papers and made a clear threat to go straight to the manager, his attitude immediately changed. He had actually ripped his TFSI 170 papers up and not added them even though he was meant to have placed the order the same night.

He's a bit old but come on, not old enough to be that much of an incompetent salesman and not remember something that somebody has told you enough times to remember.

Long story short, the wheels were changed, REALLY HAPPY!!!

Just make sure your treated well tbh, as your the person putting your hard earned money and in the end, you will have paid a FULL amount if not a little more than a cash buy in full at purchase and deserve every bit of respect and also, a good pleasure when buying a brand new car, let alone something from a premium brand like Audi.

The whole "primark", 'The car sells itself, so we can be rude' just will not wash and if treated bad, let somebody in charge know. Theres plenty of managers that will bend over backwards to sort out your issue and if they're rude, a nicely worded e-mail direct to Audi should give some piece of mind.

Regardless of my long rant lol, just agree with the dealership the full refund and walk deal if they cannot give the same or better deal if your Black Edition is delayed beyond the finance date.

Hi - I ordered a facelift A4 2.0 TFSI Quattro Black Edition very end of November and was told a week 4 2012 build for an early March delivery. I had a mail from the dealer this week to say it was showing as "in production" and that early March is still on.

It seems very unfair (crazy even) that you can place a confirmed order only to be told the deal may not be honoured because they can't build it quick enough. I hope that everything works out for you and you get your hands on the car soon, be interested in hearing the outcome...

Hi - I ordered a facelift A4 2.0 TFSI Quattro Black Edition very end of November and was told a week 4 2012 build for an early March delivery. I had a mail from the dealer this week to say it was showing as "in production" and that early March is still on.

It seems very unfair (crazy even) that you can place a confirmed order only to be told the deal may not be honoured because they can't build it quick enough. I hope that everything works out for you and you get your hands on the car soon, be interested in hearing the
outcome...

I've just been told week 28 build!!! This is due to a shortage in the black edition grill surrounds! So I'm looking into reconfiguring standard S4 without the black bits to see if I can bring the build week forward - Not prepared to wait from december to August for a black grill

Hi just been told from the dealer today that they have secured me the exact same spec Black Edition for delivery in march from another dealer, im well pleased now.

Spoke to my dealer today and confirmed I still have a week 8 build. So should be good for 3rd week of March all going to plan. Checked the spec too, and all was well there. Poverty spec BE in Phantom Black thanks...

Hi, i ordered in November a 2012 spec S line 2.0tdi Multitronic in Daytona Grey. due to be delivered in 1st wwek of March. was told yesterday that due to over demand on the new shape, problems with sourcing of Nappa Leather that it will be June at the earliest.

Ask for a loan car. Thats where the nearly new approved Audis come from ;)

Hi Just had an email from the dealer saying the car is being built, does anybody know how long it takes from production to delivery ?
Thanks

Well the dealer will tell you upto 4 weeks I think. But I have read recently, on the A3 BE thread that someone had theirs within 12 days.

Hopefully it will be a couple weeks after production then.

It depends on luck! The boat doesn't sail everyday so you either make one or miss one. It then comes down to how quick your dealer can check and prep it.

Usually takes a week to build, then as Scotty says - it depends how quickly it gets on a boat at Emden port.
Mine took 3 weeks from getting the ‘it’s built’ call to collecting from dealership.

I've just been told week 28 build!!! This is due to a shortage in the black edition grill surrounds! So I'm looking into reconfiguring standard S4 without the black bits to see if I can bring the build week forward - Not prepared to wait from december to August for a black grill

After several emails to Audi uk I have just been give a build week 14, so should get my S4 in the first week of May - Happy days! It pays to complain!

Quite an ordeal!! Dont forget to tell the dealer NOT to prep it, and have it detailed properly.Believe me you wont regret it.

Hi,
I ordered a "facelift" 2012 A4 Avant 2.0TDI 177ps Black Edition at the begining of February but I seem to be having the same problem many are reporting on the forum. I was not given a build or delivery date and only got the "standard" estimated date on the order form. The dealer said delivery end of April but when I look at the order from that appears to be the first registration date, the estimated delivery date is end of May??
I called my dealer to get an update and he told me he had no information and that it took up to 10 days to get a "scheduled" build date before then moving to a "confirmed" build date.
When I was discussing this purchase and comparing with BMW, Audi stated 10 weeks to delivery and I based my decision on this. Reading some posts on this forum, I fear this could be a lot longer. This is poor from a "prestige" dealer like Audi. BMW were able to log on to a system and show me "LIVE" build slots before I even made a decision and the lead times were much shorter but I wanted the Audi!
Can anybody give me tips on how to get a date from Audi and get the build date pushed forward? What should I realistically expect? Any help would be welcome.(sorry for adding to this thread, cannot create a new one at the moment :( ).
Thanks.

Hi,
I ordered a "facelift" 2012 A4 Avant 2.0TDI 177ps Black Edition at the begining of February but I seem to be having the same problem many are reporting on the forum. I was not given a build or delivery date and only got the "standard" estimated date on the order form. The dealer said delivery end of April but when I look at the order from that appears to be the first registration date, the estimated delivery date is end of May??
I called my dealer to get an update and he told me he had no information and that it took up to 10 days to get a "scheduled" build date before then moving to a "confirmed" build date.
When I was discussing this purchase and comparing with BMW, Audi stated 10 weeks to delivery and I based my decision on this. Reading some posts on this forum, I fear this could be a lot longer. This is poor from a "prestige" dealer like Audi. BMW were able to log on to a system and show me "LIVE" build slots before I even made a decision and the lead times were much shorter but I wanted the Audi!
Can anybody give me tips on how to get a date from Audi and get the build date pushed forward? What should I realistically expect? Any help would be welcome.(sorry for adding to this thread, cannot create a new one at the moment :( ).
Thanks.

I forgot to mention my order is a Quattro..in case this affects delivery times ;)

Don't think there is very much you can do realistically. Just a case of waiting to see. I was lucky because I was only wanting poverty spec anyway, so managed to get a dealer order assigned to my name. Luckily the dealer ordered one too I guess.

What spec you looking for?

Hi,
It's the A4 Avant 2.0TDI 177PS Quattro Black Edition, Moonlight Blue Metallic, Tech Pack Low, Rear Airbags, Tyre pressure loss indicator, Deletion of model and engine technology at rear.
Thanks!

Hi,
It's the A4 Avant 2.0TDI 177PS Quattro Black Edition, Moonlight Blue Metallic, Tech Pack Low, Rear Airbags, Tyre pressure loss indicator, Deletion of model and engine technology at rear.
Thanks!

The issue seems to be with dealer allocation, my dealer was told week 9 build by Audi production and supply in december but when I spoke to them again in January i was told due to issues with the black styling pack it had slipped to week 37! So i complained to Audi uk who then blamed the dealer for misleading me and said that my dealer did not have an allocation for the car. luckily my dealer pulled some strings (as well as putting in an official complaint against Audi customer services) and low and behold I now have a week 14 build - end april delivery!

My advice would be to complain and then complain again!

The issue seems to be with dealer allocation, my dealer was told week 9 build by Audi production and supply in december but when I spoke to them again in January i was told due to issues with the black styling pack it had slipped to week 37! So i complained to Audi uk who then blamed the dealer for misleading me and said that my dealer did not have an allocation for the car. luckily my dealer pulled some strings (as well as putting in an official complaint against Audi customer services) and low and behold I now have a week 14 build - end april delivery!

My advice would be to complain and then complain again!

Thanks for your reply ;)! How long after you placed your order did you get the initial week 9 estimate? My dealer is unable to give me any indication at this point :(. I am thinking of giving the dealer a few more days before complaining and putting pressure on the Customer services team to get a build week.

Thanks for your reply ;)! How long after you placed your order did you get the initial week 9 estimate? My dealer is unable to give me any indication at this point :(. I am thinking of giving the dealer a few more days before complaining and putting pressure on the Customer services team to get a build week.

I was told week 9 the day I put the deposit down on Dec 6th, it was only at the beginning of this month when I contacted the dealer for an update that I was told week 37 which then came down to week 28 - then I started to moan - A LOT!

The difference between week 28 and week 37 could well be you get a MY2012 car and not a MY2013 car. Depending on what the differences are you may be ok or rather upset.

How can it go from around 13 weeks to so much more ? Did they sell you the car without having a build slot assigned?

The difference between week 28 and week 37 could well be you get a MY2012 car and not a MY2013 car. Depending on what the differences are you may be ok or rather upset.

How can it go from around 13 weeks to so much more ? Did they sell you the car without having a build slot assigned?

The facelift model was available to order from the beg Nov for March delivery so when I ordered in Dec I was told march/April delivery. I think the issue was that to get my order Audi uk told the dealer that build week 9 was available when actually it wasn't. Apparently it is quite normal for Audi to move build weeks forward or back according to what's getting built during a particular week. Parts supply can also cause a delay which they just blame on the third party supplier.
Hopefully I won't have any more problems!

Sounds like you've been taken in to be honest.

Audi would not mislead your dealer. It sounds like your dealer playing you.

Yes dates do move a bit depending on parts sometimes but not 30 weeks

I'n not talking facelist as that covers any order now. I'm talking about MY2012 and MY2013 which currently we don't know the difference between. A car built as late as w37 is probably gonna be MY2013 spec whereas the earlier car would be MY2012. It might be there's little difference.....or you could end up annoyed.

If you want the car asap and was expecting it w9 then I guess getting a MY2012 isn't an issue to you. The issue is therefore why the lead time is so long. I'd be asking Customer Services.

Sounds like you've been taken in to be honest.

Audi would not mislead your dealer. It sounds like your dealer playing you.

Yes dates do move a bit depending on parts sometimes but not 30 weeks

I'n not talking facelist as that covers any order now. I'm talking about MY2012 and MY2013 which currently we don't know the difference between. A car built as late as w37 is probably gonna be MY2013 spec whereas the earlier car would be MY2012. It might be there's little difference.....or you could end up annoyed.

If you want the car asap and was expecting it w9 then I guess getting a MY2012 isn't an issue to you. The issue is therefore why the lead time is so long. I'd be asking Customer Services.

I have been dealing with both customer service and the dealer, word from customer service was that the dealer did not have an allocation for an S4!
I wouldn't agree with your take on Audi not misleading the dealer - My dealer has been far more helpfull than the idiot at Customer services.
With regards to the MY issue, I'm not that bothered as I can't see there being many changes and I've spec'd everything that i want for the car, I'd only be pee'd off if they suddenly started selling the S4 with a manual gearbox as that would have been my preference (and daytona grey would have been nice)

Your dealer (which didn't have a slot) have been more helpful that CS? Wow ! CS must have stiffed you bad!

Good you're not bothered about the MY issue. I hope that's still the case when you get the car as it takes the shine off if you buy something and then it changes.

I had an 09 which fortunately was midordered (no quattro) so I swapped it in for a MY2010. The differences included quieter mirrors, stop/start, LED rears, 3G NAV with full voice control, DVD etc etc. Some years the changes are minor some major.

I just thought I'd make you aware and if you're fine with it then that's all that matters :)

Your dealer (which didn't have a slot) have been more helpful that CS? Wow ! CS must have stiffed you bad!

Good you're not bothered about the MY issue. I hope that's still the case when you get the car as it takes the shine off if you buy something and then it changes.

I had an 09 which fortunately was midordered (no quattro) so I swapped it in for a MY2010. The differences included quieter mirrors, stop/start, LED rears, 3G NAV with full voice control, DVD etc etc. Some years the changes are minor some major.

I just thought I'd make you aware and if you're fine with it then that's all that matters :)

Yes, thanks for that - Just looking forward to May now!

You're looking at 10 to 12 weeks at present. There's a shortage of engine blocks. Audi had to take 15,000 units from Seat this year so it's even longer for Seat this year.

Thanks

Managed to locate A4 177 Tdi Quattro Black edition. high spec in 4 weeks. Delivery in 10 days.

Hope you get sorted!