Warm up temp on 143 tdi

S.line

Reaction score
Can anyone explain why these cars take soooo long to warm up?? On my last b6 tdi it was at operating temp at 2 miles, now it's more like 8-10!! No wonder the fuel consumption isn't as good...

Cheers.

same on my 2009 170.The 'quick demist windscreen' feature is pretty ****t too.And the whole car fogs up when damp outside when parked

Yep exactly the same here with my 2009 170 Avant , have to clean the inside windows with a micro cloth as they are soaking wet when the damp weather comes. Demist seems to work if you have 15 minutes to spare before you are ready to set off. Roll on the Spring.

I noticed this as soon as we got the A4, the A3 doesn't do it. At 1st I wondered if it had a leak but no water anywhere. I have also noticed the passenger side of windscreen de-mists much quicker than drivers side for some reason! Handy.

glad itsnot just me then.I have the auxilary heater active, but have no idea what it does.Id have thought that the quick demist would have relied on an electrical element as opposed to hot water but hey ho.my wifes 10 year old fiesta takes the **** with its heated screen!

Well I wasn't on about the cabin but yeah my transit shows up the vorsprung here!! I was on about the engine temp really. I have thought about plugging in a camping heater to the car for frosty mornings!

12v 150 watt one on eBay for 13quid!!! Wonder if I can retrofit it with a jigsaw??

Once again same here passengers side de-mists much quicker. (thought it was down to the wife talking) but obviously not haha

Could it be anything to do with a bias to the drivers side for L.H.D. cars as it would have been originally designed?

No you numpty, that the warm air blows in from the left of the car rather than the centre, giving a left bias (slightly).

Lol. So how can this be with duel climate control?? Actually the left of the engine does get hotter first cos that's where the manifold is haha :D