Newbie with a few Questions....

A4B8Sline

Reaction score
Hi guys firstly my names Dane from Exeter Devon and last week I picked up a 2009 audi a4 s line 2.0TFSI avant. The car is great however I do have a few questions I hope some members might be able to answer for me.

Firstly Ive been playing around with the cars controls etc and pressed the check button on the instrument cluster. The screen then goes through different symbols some being red and others yellow. I belive this is the auto-check control feature but no messages are displayed during the symbols so do I take it as they are ok or need attention? I owned a 2002 a4 a few years back and after the check it would come up as OK if there was no problems? The car however displays no faults while driving except the otherday it needed screenwash witch is understandable.

And finally mine comes with no oil dipstick, I know you can check it through the MMI system but can you purchase an oil dipstick for these as there appears to be a spout for one with a bung fitted. ( I like to check the condition of the oil rather than trusting the computer)

Anyway thanks in advance for any replies!

Heres a pic of her
IMG00183-20120114-1307.jpg

Hello Dane and welcome

With regard to the check i also had a B6 before i bought the B8 and you are correct in saying that it came up OK after the sequence my B8 also goes through the sequence and doesnt say OK,on the B6 the button actually said check and came on the larger screen on the dash where as the B8 says set if you push this whilst stationary the car will run through the sequence (mine is at the top of the dash screen)and simply go off once its done it,if you had a fault one of these lights would stay illuminated.
With regard to a dipstick i cant say ive ever noticed or looked for the spout under the bonnet or enquired about buying a dipstick,if you look on the above mentioned sequence you will notice there are two checks for the oil one for level and one for the sensor.

Nice motor by the way hope you enjoy your experience

Andy

Hello Dane and welcome

With regard to the check i also had a B6 before i bought the B8 and you are correct in saying that it came up OK after the sequence my B8 also goes through the sequence and doesnt say OK,on the B6 the button actually said check and came on the larger screen on the dash where as the B8 says set if you push this whilst stationary the car will run through the sequence (mine is at the top of the dash screen)and simply go off once its done it,if you had a fault one of these lights would stay illuminated.
With regard to a dipstick i cant say ive ever noticed or looked for the spout under the bonnet or enquired about buying a dipstick,if you look on the above mentioned sequence you will notice there are two checks for the oil one for level and one for the sensor.

Nice motor by the way hope you enjoy your experience

Andy

Hi Andy

Thanks for the reply! Thats put my mind at rest. Yeah mine goes through a sequence at the top of the centre screen. Just wasnt sure if the symbols displayed during the sequence needed attention or that if it was checking them?

Loving being back in an audi I had a few (cough) Vauxhalls since and they dont match the audi for driving. Nice forum too.

Dane