Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
    6th Gear

Status

Red face is my ecu locked on my Audi a4 2011 2.0 tfsi quattro 211 bhp ?

Hello, i have recently been to viezu technologies to get my audi a4 2011 2.0 tfsi quattro 211 bhp remapped, they have gained access to the ECU through the diagnostic port and they say it is possible to remap the car but i have heard off people the ECU is locked and the only way it can be done is to take off the ECU and remap it that way which i have heard will void your warranty. has anybody else had a similar problem to this ? and how has it been remapped ?

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Hi, they may be able to gain access through the port but when it comes to writing the map it will block access. only way to do it is to have the ecu out the car. if you put all the bolts etc back i cant see how they will see its been mapped unless they drive it, as its such a new car when it goes into audi they will do an update and it will wipe it which means you will have to take it back out again to let the company load the map back. its well worth it.

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Shouldnt this question be directed towards Viezu seeing as they say it can be done. ?

6th Gear

Status
    would that be a software update ? i dont take it back to audi i take it to a garage

6th Gear

Status
    are the bolts marked with a special marker though, as you look in the engine most of the components are marked with a blue marker so they can see nobody has been tampering with it

5th Gear

Status
    yes a software update. the bolts are not marked with the blue pen, they dont even have a thread in them so you cant just put a screwdriver in there. would the tuning company not replace these? as said i think you need to get in contact with them with the removal of the ECU.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Audi dynamik View Post
    are the bolts marked with a special marker though, as you look in the engine most of the components are marked with a blue marker so they can see nobody has been tampering with it
    They are marked to show they are torqued up to be correct level in the factory.
    Now - Ford Focus RS (305 bhp) - 2009

Previous Cars

A4 2.0 TFSi S-Line (251 bhp) - 2005
    Audi A3 3.2 Quattro Sport (250 bhp) - 2004
    Ford Fiesta ST (150 bhp) - 2006
    Ford Focus ST2 (290 bhp) - 2009
    Skoda Octavia vrS (215 bhp) - 2001
    Volkswagen Golf GTi Turbo (230 bhp) - 2001