Installing LED rear Lights

audi58

Reaction score
Hello,

I have just gone and purchased a set of LED lights for my A4 Saloon. Apparently these ones don't need coding, just plug and play!

Here's my question, has anyone got any guides or instructions on how to remove the rear light clusters?

Any help or advice would save me fumbling around in the boot when I get home from work. Pictures guides would be great.

Of course I will put some before and after pics on for you all!

Thanks

Not an answer for you, but a question:

Where did you get the rear LEDs from and for how much?

I assumed the A4 S Line spec had them as standard, but they're only there from 2009 onwards...

It's not looking good.

The lights that I bought look great as side lights, however when you brake, only the outside lights illuminate. Therefore only half the LEDs light up. This, for me was a big let down as I was after something that looked more OEM. Well just looks like I'll have to get my hands on a cheap used set and get them coded!

Any questions please ask.

I contacted the seller in Germany and apparently that's how there are. The boot lid lights do not function as brake lights. I have told him that I'm not happy with this and I am sending them back for a refund.

I contacted the seller in Germany and apparently that's how there are. The boot lid lights do not function as brake lights. I have told him that I'm not happy with this and I am sending them back for a refund.

Just came across this (via an eBay search): Project Cars - Audi A4 B8 - LED rear Lights | PPCGB

I can't work out which picture is showing the lights on/off and brakes on/off - I may call them tomorrow to talk it through...

Are they the same as the one's you had?

Hi, observe the high level break light, this is the clue that the break pedal is pressed, only the outer LED's are brighter.

Looks like they are the same one's you already have...

This looks ok to me, just stick with them.....

Hi, observe the high level break light, this is the clue that the break pedal is pressed

That does make sense... :thumbsup: (couldn't find a 'slaps-head' icon)

The second photo seems to show the brakes on without the high-level brake light - I'm wondering if they're the hazzards or the rear fog lights?

It doesn't look too bad to me either, rather than paying 3 times the money for 'genuine' parts to make sure all the LEDs light up (when I'm never going to be following my own car to see them)...

Reactions: Rosie Quattro
Too late....I've sent them back now! :unsure:

Although when the side lights weren't on and you pressed the brake pedal, the 3rd brake light would come on immediately where as the LED lights would come on as side lights for about 1/2 a second then go to brake lights. Doesn't look too good. :(

Anyone know what the going rate is for the genuine parts?
Perhaps a group-buy if we can get enough numbers interested...?

Last edited:
Have a look here,

Genuine Audi A4 8K B8 Avant LED Rear Light Kit 2008> | eBay

And here

Genuine Audi A4 8K B8 Saloon LED Rear Light Kit 2008> | eBay

This is a genuine Audi dealer selling the retrofit Audi LED lights. I was going to get mine from here but got my dealer to do it instead. This price is supply only but they will fit the lot and reprogramme for what I think is a good price. Ring them.

I contacted them and asked for a quote to get them fitted and coded and they were wanting £643.50 inc VAT parts and labour.

For me, this is quite expensive just to get some better looking rear lights. I was thinking about buying them though and just coding them with VCDS - is this hard? anyone done this?

Did you want me to try and get a price for a group buy? If so, who would be interested?

Snap!

I emailed them via eBay and was told they could do 5% off if there were at least five orders and 7.5% off if there were more than ten orders. Discount was for parts only, not labour.

I'm sure fitting them is easy as swapping them out - the only thing you'd need the dealer for was to code them (they have to be coded at a dealer, VCDS won't work). Not sure how long it takes to code or what the labour cost for 'tapping a keyboard' is...

I'm not sure if different Audi franchises would offer different levels of discount - do you want to call around your local dealers to find out?

I will try for the dealers around here...not sure on the part number for the kit though. If you find out, let me know. I emailed the seller (Huntingdon Audi) and asked if I could get a discount if I ordered it direct from them and they told me 5% without any haggling. I recon I could get at least 10% off for a bulk order.

Like I say, I will try and ring around today, if you could ring some your end too and part number for the whole kit would be great.

Audi A4 B8 LED retrofit kit: 8K5 098 100

Includes:
4 lights (inner left, outer left, inner right, outer right)
Mounting Adaptors
Foam tube
Instructions

Thanks Sam.

That's perfect, what's the Foam Tube for though? Haha, well I will keep you posted and put all the prices I find on here.

Are there any dealers that you have tried?

No idea about the foam tubes - maybe to wrap or insulate the wiring adaptor/connector?

I've tried Slough and West London Audi - both have taken details and 'will get back to me'...

No idea about the foam tubes - maybe to wrap or insulate the wiring adaptor/connector?

I've tried Slough and West London Audi - both have taken details and 'will get back to me'...

I've been busy...got some quote:

MK - £415.35 +VAT - 10% discount - Final Price £448.58
Aylesbury - £415.35 +VAT - 5% discount
Bedford - £498.92 inc VAT
Hitchin - £498.37 inc VAT
Amersham - £415.35 +VAT
Northampton - £415.35 +VAT

After all of these I worked out that MK gave the best price by far and that's without group buy.

What's the next step, you got any cheaper quotes?

Snap!

I emailed them via eBay and was told they could do 5% off if there were at least five orders and 7.5% off if there were more than ten orders. Discount was for parts only, not labour.

I'm sure fitting them is easy as swapping them out - the only thing you'd need the dealer for was to code them (they have to be coded at a dealer, VCDS won't work). Not sure how long it takes to code or what the labour cost for 'tapping a keyboard' is...

I'm not sure if different Audi franchises would offer different levels of discount - do you want to call around your local dealers to find out?

Are you sure about this??

It needs to be coded using SVM by a dealer. Read it here: Original retrofit of Audi LED rear lights - A5_OC

Would MK Audi offer a group buy discount over the 10% you have?

I will have a go. Apparently this is what is in the kit:

led-35980.jpg

Is someone arranging a group buy then?? I'd be interested for my Avant.

Hi,
I've just bought these:
eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace
From a shop in Germany.
The advert said "complete" it now appears that it is just the lights !!!
Any idea how I get these to work on My A4 B8 ????
Many many thanks
Ian

I guess Audi can do the codeing, but where can I get the adapters from ?
Thanks