Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

Multi tronic or S-tronic ???

Been told by a friend that Audi has a version of the old Daf variomatic transmission ! Is that the "Mulit-tronic" ? for those that remember it was basically a belt drive set up forward to go forward and back to go back simple! but not very good!!! I have almost given up on finding an A4 Avant 2.0 TDi S-Line in a colour other than the "usual" black, silver etc but have possibly found one which is a 1.8 TFSi (160) auto with paddle shift ? I am thinking this is the S-Tronic gearbox...........right? If it is how does it rate with those that have it on their cars, I have been on Audi UK and been through the explanation of how it works and it reads great but in day to day use I have no idea. Can it handle more power as if this is the car then a re-map will be happening at some point..........

Any advice/info guys as usual would be appreciated

PS it has loads of goodies toooooooooo =

Misano Red Metallic, Franchise Approved, Anti-Lock Brakes,Mobile Phone Preparation - Bluetooth,Bang & Olufsen Advanced Sound System,Satellite Navigation System Plus,Electronic Stability Programme,8.5Jx19in 7-Arm Double-Spoke Design Alloy Wheels,Climate Control,Paddle Shift,Power-Assisted Steering,Driver Information System,Audi Parking System Plus Inc Visual Display,Multi Function Steering Wheel,Front/Rear Electric Windows,Front/Rear Armrest,Automatic Headlight Elevation,Black Leather & Cloth Interior,Technology Pack,Electronically Adjustable And Heated Door Mirrors,Front Fog Lights,Steering Wheel Leather,Fully Body Coloured,Rake/Reach Adjustable Steering Column/Wheel,Seats Split Rear,Rear Wash Wipe,Sport Chassis.DAB Digital Radio Reception,Driver/Passenger Seat Height Adjustment,Seat - ISOFIX Anchorage Point,Gear Knob Leather,Xenon Headlights With LED Daytime Running Lights,Roof Rails,Pearl Effect Paint,Leather & Cloth interior.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    If it is a 1.8 TFSI (160) with paddles then it will be a Multitronic gearbox. I have driven a few derivatives of the A4 range with Multi and S Tronic gearboxes and have found the Multi to be very flexible. You could compare it to the Daf system but with 40 years of progress. Fuel consumption with the multi is good and as it is fitted as standard to the 3.2FSI it should be able to take a remap.

Assuming the car you are looking at is an S Line Avant with the spec listed above, so you have the Tech Pack, DAB, 19" wheels, B&O and paint as extras.
    A4 Avant 2.0TDI 143 Black Edition, Daytona, Alcantara, Heated Seats, Tech Pack, Advance Parking, Light Pack + full LED upgrade, Power Tailgate, S Line Sports Suspension

handcrankywannkyspanky

Status
    wot no folding mirrors???
    Pass me my sock

Want to help cure cancer? http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage

Reverse Gear

Status
    Not sure if it had folding mirrors better as the person who bought it as I missed it ...........................................pi88ed off again another one slips through the finger...........dam

Cheers Soot1e that info is very helpful did not know the multi is standard fit on the 3.2 FSI
    Last edited by clansman; 6th October 2011 at 13:33.

handcrankywannkyspanky

Status
    Pass me my sock

Want to help cure cancer? http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage

VOIP Dude

Status
    Having had both, S-Tronic is the better gearbox, I find the Multitronic quite "lazy", but then most auto boxes are compared to S-Tronic!
    Spence

Gone at 80k: 2007 A3 Sportback 2.0T S-Line S-Tronic Mauritius Blue
    (4 S-Tronic boxes, 3 Mechatronics Units, 2 Dual Mass flywheels, 2 sets of engine mounts)
    Gone at 32k: 2005 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 140 S-Line DSG
    Ebony Black

Lead boot

Status
    I've never driven multitronic, but last year had a 2.0TDI Leon with S-Tronic and it was impressive. I am seriously thinking about it on my next purchase.
    (59) 2.0T A4 S-Line Avant (B8) Lava Grey
    (N) 2.6 V6 Audi Convertible Europa Blue
    Gone: (02) 1.8T A4 sport saloon (B6) Denim Blue