LED Retrofit Taillights

Soft lad

Reaction score
Hi guys,

One of the things that disappointed me when I bought my Avant was that it was right on the model change so I never had LED lights. I know that there is Kufatec that sell them but it appears to be quite a bit of work.

I recently found out that finally Audi do a retrofit kit so I have just had it done. I'm very pleased with it and now the car feels to me like I always wanted it to. It is genuine Audi parts fitted by an Audi tech so warrented and all that jazz.

BEFORE
DSC02321-1.jpg

AFTER
DSC02562-1.jpg

Looks no different with the lights off ;)

Glad you are happy with it, dare i ask how much?

Yeah your right, it looks the same. I guess it was just to show it can be done. My dealer told me it couldn't he done on so many occasions that it was more of a "here they are fitted" deal.

It was a few pounds but luckily I know a guy there so he helped me out with a nice discount and the service guys a top bloke too. Depends in what people fancy I suppose, £519 a wheel plus tyres so people think nothing of paying £2500 plus for wheels. It was well under £800.

"Well under £800 quid" (I guess still means over £700?) for LED rear lights?!?!?! Feck me sideways.

I certainly wouldn't have paid that. With the facelift those of us with LEDs will have a dated looking car which to me makes the mod worth even less than otherwise.

I know it's each to their own but that's a lot of cash for something you don't see when driving.

p.s. I hope you're gonna tweak the car with VCDS so that they're on all the time with your DRLs so you maximise the benefit!

Each to their own like you say. I got the car cheaper than it should have been, I've had to spend nothing on it except tyres, i had 2 years free servicing and they're selling now for the same I paid for it in April last year.

I often read of people spending thousands on wheels, body mods, suspension and such like so I think it's a small price to pay for something you'd always wanted.

Ive heard a lit of this VCDS, what is it?? Is it wirth fiddling with stuff when it's still under warranty?? Not sure if it's worthwhile having the rear LEDs burning all day long for no reason.

VCDS is just software which can talk to the car.

Is it worth fiddling? Depends on if you want all the things you can have. I don't see any warranty implication.

Not worthwhile turning on the lights? Each to their own.

Each to their own like you say. I got the car cheaper than it should have been, I've had to spend nothing on it except tyres, i had 2 years free servicing and they're selling now for the same I paid for it in April last year.

I often read of people spending thousands on wheels, body mods, suspension and such like so I think it's a small price to pay for something you'd always wanted.

Ive heard a lit of this VCDS, what is it?? Is it wirth fiddling with stuff when it's still under warranty?? Not sure if it's worthwhile having the rear LEDs burning all day long for no reason.

Car looks good with the facelift lights, but that is a lot of money for the upgrade....

Hate to say it, but what cars sell for and what yours is worth are very different!! Enjoy your car though, it is a nice one :icon_thumright:

It may be a lot of money for the upgrade but It's what I wanted as I was unlucky to have bought one of the last ones made without LED's but as I already said, I paid a good price.

Not sure what you mean by what cars go for and what mine is worth are very different. Cars of my age with my miles in my colour looking like mine go for the same price I paid for mine in April last year. I fail to see why anyone would say it isn't worth the same. And besides, who says I'm selling it, the mod was done for me.

Thanks for the remarks though, I like her.

well done and fair play mate.Looks great and everyone mods thier car in one way or another to suit themselves

It may be a lot of money for the upgrade but It's what I wanted as I was unlucky to have bought one of the last ones made without LED's but as I already said, I paid a good price.

Not sure what you mean by what cars go for and what mine is worth are very different. Cars of my age with my miles in my colour looking like mine go for the same price I paid for mine in April last year. I fail to see why anyone would say it isn't worth the same. And besides, who says I'm selling it, the mod was done for me.

Thanks for the remarks though, I like her.

Looks a lot better with the led's. Do you have the standard xenons with led daytime running lights? Just out of curiosity as i thought all the models fitted with xenons have the rear led's as standard.

Really like the rear led's. And worth every penny and may even add value to the vehicle.

Looks a lot better with the led's. Do you have the standard xenons with led daytime running lights? Just out of curiosity as i thought all the models fitted with xenons have the rear led's as standard.

Really like the rear led's. And worth every penny and may even add value to the vehicle.

Sadly mate, my car was one of the last Avants made without LED's so I just had SE style bulb lights. I have xenons and LED DRL's though. I like the look of the rear LED's, I also fitted LED number plate lights so effectively I should have less bulbs to blow as I cant stand seeing cars with lights out who drive around for weeks/months without ever knowing and of course the LED's look modern and are brighter therefore safer.