Powered Tailgate Problem?

toastyhamster

Reaction score
Well now I finally have my car back from useless Gilders I've had it all of three days and it's already randomly opened the rear tailgate twice on me overnight. Luckily I reverse the car into the drive so it's not immediately obvious so passers by.
Can't find anything on this anywhere on the Net so doesn't seem like a common problem - anybody heard of this?

It has to go back to the dealers for the water pump recall so I'll get them to look at it then.

First I've heard of it.

Silly question (but someones gotta ask) .... any chance the keyfob is getting pushed?

I was in my garage the other day with the car outside and it beeped a couple of times. Turns out my two year old son can now reach the shelf where the keys are!

I had something simular with the boxster, the spare key was in the service manual holder and was inadvertantly getting pressed by the leather binder. It is worth checking as scoTTy mentioned as to where the spare key is ;)

It happened to me as well, i thought it was strange. Then I realised my mobile phone was rubbing against the key in my pocket.

I have keyless entry ect so I don't use my keys. To prevent any mis operations I have this fitted -

OSIR Design USA-OSIR - Muzzero Key Fob Cover

OSIR-MUZZERO-01.JPG

OSIR-MUZZERO-02.JPG

Ooooh good idea, that will at least eliminate it.
I need to check the settings on the car as the boot open button on the keyfob just makes the indicators flash and the boot stays shut. It's like the car is flicking the vee's at me. Oddly since I've had the car back this last time the boot handle now always operates the boot - sounds strange but before it went back the last time it was possible to leave the boot open, have the ignition switch off on the auto timeout and then the boot could only be closed by the door button or switching the ignition on again.

Should the car auto-lock at any point? Or is that configurable? i thought keyless meant that but I have to manually lock the car by pressing the button.

Oh yeah and I had a puncture as well :-(

AND I spent 30 minutes with Audi UK today trying to find out whether the water pump recall letter I got was bogus as Audi Nottingham had no clue what it was for.

Last edited: