Tyre Pressure Monitoring System

mit_a4

Reaction score
Hi All,

Would just like to firstly introduce myself to this forum. I am now the proud owner of an Audi A4 (B8) 2.0TDI 143 SE 2008 Model since the last 2 weeks,since then I have hit the motorways and all sorts - what a first fantastic Audi it is for me to own, I have been very impressed with it since, and what a jump up it is from owning Alfa's and Fiats.

I am trying to get to grips with this car, so excuse the questions if they have been answered constantly in the past, but I was looking through the car manual regarding tyre pressure amounts, and it pointed out that the onboard computer flags this up when the amounts are becoming low, but is this with cars fitted with MMI Interfaces, I am under the assumption mine does not have that. I also did a search through the car set up and scrolled through the menu where there are various adjustment options for lights, windows etc, but did not see anything for tyre pressure monitoring.

If I do not have this, could it be installed, at a cost?

Hi There. I have tyre pressure monitoring, but do not have MMI. It is accessed though the setup of the car, but is an extra cost item. It apparently works using the ABS sensors. The rotational speed changes depending on the pressure in the tyre due to the circumference differing at different pressures and the ABS sensors pick up the speed change.

Last edited:
Howzit speedemon, welcome to the site.