New A4 3.0tdi owner

rs4al

Reaction score
Just picked up an '08 A4 s-line 3.0tdi manual avant in meteor grey, loved the drive back from Oxford to the south coast. I can't believe how much the ride has improved on the B8 even with 19" wheels.

Have a couple of questions. On hard acceleration ;) I can hear a clicking noise which increases with speed coming from the rear passenger side, is that where the fuel pump is ? Audi are having a look at it next week as have 6 weeks warranty left on it !

The drivers door seems to creak quite a bit has anyone had problems with creaking window rubbers ?

I can see a cheeky little remap in the future as this engine is crying out for it.

Photo's to follow when it stops raining. Cheers

Nice one.

My drivers door appears to rattle a little, I'm hoping it's just the lock arrangement needs adjusting.

Yep my drivers door creaks, try pressing on the interior just below the window near to the door to see if this stops it.(does on mine) I just turn the radio up, Dealers don't hear it when I ask them, same as the noise that comes from the luggage compartment cover, maybe I just have over sensitive hearing.

Ken
A4 Avant 170 TDI S Line Aruba Blue
Previous A6
Previous TT
Loved every one of them.

Ive just coated all the rubber and plastic parts of the door seals with autoglym rubber and vinyl care. No more noise now.

Nice! Just picked mine up last weekend too, having come over from the 'darkside' for the last 2 years. Audis have come on in leaps & bounds imho. I've only driven mine twice, but I love it! only got 18s on it, which feel fine. despite the high mileage (in the 90s) it drives like new!!
Remap, yes it will make it even better. i was considering Superchips, £455 giving 291 brakes and a colossal 582Nm!!!:yes:
Haven't looked into Revo yet. need to get it serviced first

Don't just look at peak figures. Often you'll find that a map with lower figures over a wider range, feels better and in the real world is better.

Eh? Superchips can take a 1.9 to 290bhp and 582nm? I can't find those figures on the site and my 3.0 would go to less than that - 280ish bhp and 510nm.

Don't just look at peak figures. Often you'll find that a map with lower figures over a wider range, feels better and in the real world is better.

Thats one of the best bits of advice you will get IMO.

Cool another 3.0 owner.

I had an MRC tuning custom map on my old B5 RS4 and that was the dogs danglies and was custom to the car, so if you have a manual they can map it so it does'nt eat the clutch.

Eh? Superchips can take a 1.9 to 290bhp and 582nm? I can't find those figures on the site and my 3.0 would go to less than that - 280ish bhp and 510nm.

toasty- I have a 3.0 tdi B8!
I guess you picked up the B6 off my user profile, i haven't updated that for a year or three....

Yeh, for some reason I looked at your signature..! Still can't find the 582NM bit tho!

Reactions: eg