multitronic gearbox possible problem

Beast200

Reaction score
Hi i have just purchased a 58 plate 2.7 tdi with 36000 miles on it from audi dealer
The drive letter starting flashing last night and it become jerky when setting off
ii still less than 30 days when i purchased it so possibly change it get money back
Have seen on the net that is either ecu or software
Has any body had this problem
i know the earlier version were prone to faliure

Also after some discussion about the car been fuuly serviced when i bought it they concided and change the gear box oil & air filter which had never been changed
not overley impressed with audi at the present

I would be careful about letting it drag on if you have an issue. At MoT you will be on the hairy edge of warranty.

Hi
good point
i have a 1 year extra warrantry from the dealer (but they will have the normal get out)
i will take it in to check
they do not seem to know aout software upgrades to the gearbox
it as a euc (computer)
wish i had gone for the skoda vrs
not impressed with audi at all

Hi there - My car: Audi A4 1.8t SE 2002 Multitronic
Is there anyone out there who can help with my problem. I've been reading this forum since yesterday and I'm quite worried that I made a really bad decision going for an Audi!! I bought my car Jan 10 and in March the drive display on the dash started flashing. At first it would happen at random but now it's pretty much all the time. I took my car to Audi in Aug/Sept 2010 for a service with oil change and they mentioned that the computer had an error code which was related to the gearbox. I asked if they could have a look at the gearbox and tell what's wrong but they said they couldn't do that because it wasn't showing a problem...basically I had to wait until something actually happens to the gearbox...maybe wait until it falls out while driving is what they meant...??Yesterday I couldn't engage reverse, it was embarrassing because I was in a parking bay and it wouldn't reverse. I switched the car off about 3 times and tried again...nothing..tried going through all the gears until eventually I gave up and decided to rev the u-know-what out of it and it slowly slowly moved backwards until I was clear and able to put it into drive. VERY VERY embarrassing for me with onlookers staring as though I don't know how to drive??? I still have no idea what is wrong with my car but I will say that I will never buy another Audi again. I have owned a BMW and MERC VITO and have never ever experienced such problems, in fact, I can now kick myself for wasting £4500 on a 2002 model when I should've gone with my instinct and buy another BMW!! I'm so dissappointed no words can describe but if anyone has had similar problems and know what to do please help.

Last edited: