superchip bluefin

craig4avant

Reaction score
has anybody installed bluefin on there car? just wanted peoples opinion on the software. am looking at getting my 2.0 tfsi 2010 chipped.any imput would be great

You'll need to be sure your ECU isn't 'locked' else Bluefin won't work but Superchips should be able to advise on that.

Got my 2010 A4 2.0 143PS TDi done by Superships (who were great by the way) though they had to reprogram ECU as it was protected, which took a few hours and expertise. I did try the Bluefin first of all (they suspected it would not work but worth trying) but this would not communicate with the ECU and so had to take the more invasive ECU reprogram. They do include one year of their warranty, in case of an issue with Audi, which can be extended for up to when car is three years old.

Suspect a similar issue with your petrol model, but worth giving them a tinkle, but guess they can't really tell for sure until they see the car (or you attempted a bluefin) due to the variations in ECU's and software fitted to cars around.

Alex

Hello did they take the ECU off your car to remap it ? has it voided your warranty aswell ?

Was taken out to reprogram, superchips offer their supplemental warranty, if audi knew and problem arose related to it may have issues, but would be same with any remap or modification to be fair!

I tried to bluefin my 2010 2.0 tfsi and it couldn't be done. They also said it would be years before they managed to crack it for bluefin use.