how much oil?

S4 Phantom

Reaction score
the DIS showing the oil level is halfway down. Does anyone know how much oil do I need to put it?

Cheers!

Can't answer that but I have just purchased the correct Audi dipstick as did not want to rely on the electronic system.

Yeah I found the electronic system really annoying. Where did you guy your dipstick from? From an Audi dealer?

Wish I had the time you guys have, I've had mine a week, managed to upload one album via SD card, change one setting on the keyless entry and work out what most of the buttons do, trivia such as oil level haven't even had a look in yet! Oh and it's filthy cos it rained and left a load of sandy dried raindrop sized marks on it, which the F-i-Law then rubbed with his finger to see the colour. Argh!

Yeah I found the electronic system really annoying. Where did you guy your dipstick from? From an Audi dealer?
Got it from a VW/Audi group parts distribution centre near me although you can order through an Audi dealer but will cost more.

Part Number 06E115611H paid just under a fiver.

Got it from a VW/Audi group parts distribution centre near me although you can order through an Audi dealer but will cost more.

Part Number 06E115611H paid just under a fiver.

Trev
Many Thanks!

However my question is still remain unanswered. Can anyone advise me how much oil do I need to put in when the DIS showing oil level half way down!?!?

None! Max is max. It doesn't mean it had to be at that level all the time. ;)

I checked mine today and it was just under where yours is. I might drop in 1/2L at some point but I'm not in any rush to.

I bought a dipstick for my 2010 2.0 Tdi (from an earlier 2.0 Tdi A4) but the stick is too long cos they shortened the tube when they deleted the dipstick hole from the plastic engine cover. So be careful... a stick that is too long makes you think the level is OK when its actually low :eek:

I bought a dipstick for my 2010 2.0 Tdi (from an earlier 2.0 Tdi A4) but the stick is too long cos they shortened the tube when they deleted the dipstick hole from the plastic engine cover. So be careful... a stick that is too long makes you think the level is OK when its actually low :eek:
Tried and tested on the S4 by many people before me.