Monster MotorsportEM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

Rear parking sensors..

What is the best way about getting rear parking sensors fitted? Audi dealer fit or independant? I want the flush fit ones like on the factory fit models and have heard the independents stick out a bit from the bumper but are cheaper?. Audi dealer wants 350 plus vat :-(.. I am prepared to comprimise could do with these getting fitted.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    It may have been your post I saw elsewhere. There's a lot of companies out there doing this and many more that will send you the parts. The handy thing if you're doing it yourself is that inside the bumper are the marks for the factory fit locations so you know where to drill. I wouldn't pay that price unless it was 100% OEM and worked like a factory installation i.e. variable volume and tone via MMI.
    MY2010 B8 A4 Avant 2.0TFSI quattro S-line Executive
    Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    Gone : B6 S4 (AMD stage 3), TT (APR), Golf GTi, CBR600F

Sparky

Status
    Just a quick question regarding the sensors.When i select reverse gear the radio used to turn right down so you could here the beep,now if i have the radio on load i can here the first beep when i select reverse but the radio no longer seems to go low i have to turn the volume down manually to here the beep surely this isnt right is it?
    2.0Tdi 170 Black Edtion Avant

Just Looking

Status
    How about something like - KUFATEC GmbH & Co. KG - Komplett-Set Audi Parking System APS Heck Audi A4 8K 36053

Respudder - I've got a setting for the volume adjustments on the MMI, have you looked in yours?
    Stu.

A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, Quartz Grey, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara with Silver Stitching & Heating, Nav High, B & O, AMI, DAB, Parking Advanced & Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated Electric Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Previous MY11 S3 Sportback Black Edition, S-Tronic, Ibis White.

Sparky

Status
    Hi Stu

Yeah i have the volume setting u high it just seems to have stopped turning the radio down asaposed to the volume of the beep getting lower
    2.0Tdi 170 Black Edtion Avant

Just Looking

Status
    Page 127 of the owners manual - In Car Entertainment Fader.

Select Function Selector Button Car > Parking Aid.

The volume of the current audio or video source is reduced when the parking aid is switched on
    Stu.

A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, Quartz Grey, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara with Silver Stitching & Heating, Nav High, B & O, AMI, DAB, Parking Advanced & Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated Electric Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Previous MY11 S3 Sportback Black Edition, S-Tronic, Ibis White.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by spiceboy36 View Post
    Audi dealer wants 350 plus vat :-(.. I am prepared to comprimise could do with these getting fitted.
    For a start audi wont fit the proper oem mmi controlled kit, its 99.999% the £20 ebay kit with a huge markup that works of reverse wire signal to the kit & wont have any sort of control at all.

Now if you want the proper kit it, wont be cheap for that in parts alone, but also most bumpers come with the sensor brackets fitted these days when requesting pdc from factory, if you want to fit oem when not fitted from new, then you'd have to buy a new bumper, paint etc with brackets fitted, although I personally have fitted oem kits to bumpers that didnt have holes/brackets for, which look as per factory without any brackets at all, can be done if you know how to & the right tools as such.

PM me if any good to you.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

5th Gear

Status
    if you go for a laser line kit, then you can have them flush fitted, and you have the option to mute the radio once reverse gear is selected

NEW LASERLINE 4 SENSOR REAR PARKING SYSTEM EPS 4006 | eBay UK

i have the same ones on my A4 avant

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scott b View Post
    and you have the option to mute the radio once reverse gear is selected
    Really, couldnt see it mentioned on there site, how did they achieve this, kline/bus signal or adapter inline of speakers?

5th Gear

Status
    because on mine i have an aftermarket radio it conects to the mute wire on the back of the head unit, it is in the kit that ive linked to.

surely on the standard headunits theres a mute wire/pin?

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    There is, but mute on say rns-e is done over can for say BT unit, thus mute pin is disabled when BT installed & maybe disabled overall now with canbus able to do most things now.