New to this section...

xs2man

Reaction score
Hey guys. Thought I would make a wee introduction as I'm new to this area of the forum. I currently own a 8P A3 and a B6 S4, but the A3 is getting traded in for a B8 A4 S-Line Avant on Friday, so I'll be moving on over here from over there.

Can't wait really. Was looking at getting a new one for a while, but managed to get a good deal on a 09 one. No quattro unfortunately, but plans are afoot already for a cheap set of alloys to wrap in winter tyres, so that should help.

Whats the smallest wheel size you can fit on a 2.0 TDI (143)? I'll propbably be going for 17's for the winter, but if 16's would fit, I'd rather save some cash, lol.

No mods planned except for retrofit cruise and possibly a remap. Can the multitronic box handle maps well?

I'm really only guessing but I would think 17's. It would depend a lot on the design of the wheel.

I know someone with a REVO'd multitronic and it's fine.

Was begining to think this place was dead.

Cool. I just checked the prices of winter tyres anyway, and it turns out you can get 18" winters cheaper than 17's anyway. Bonus. Now to hunt down a decent set of 19's for summer use, and use the standard wheels for winter, lol.

Will have a look at remaps. Have my ST3 unit from the A3 here, so if they can map it, chipped UK are only £100 + vat for the map, or £150 + VAT for 2 maps. Fingers crossed.

Fair enough.

Will get some pics up of the new brief. Probably tomorrow. Only drove about 130 miles today in it, and it is definitely getting the cruise at least. Map would be good too, but will need to see if its possible first.