EM TuningSky Insurance
    Reverse Gear

Status

2.0 TDI 170 Avant Tank Range and DIS Accuracy

Hi Guys,

Sorry if the subject looks like the thread has been done to death, but i wanted to check something with you. I understand the Avant (non quattro) has a 65 litre tank. I've done just over 1000 miles and i am on my second full tank (there was initially half a tank in it when i bought it from New).

i engaged in a game of Fuel Light bingo this afternoon and relented as the DIS turned to 5 miles range as i really dont know what to expect from the car. I topped up to the brim with 58.59 litres of Diesel, which i make as nearly 6.5 litres (nearly 1.5 gallons) still remaining. The fuel needle was definately on R when i stopped, but was wondering if there really was that ammount left in the tank and if the DIS is just being pesimistic. I'd covered nearly 480 miles so im getting what seems like 37mpg (not great from a diesel in my opinion ), but was wondering about the range.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Steve

2. # ADS
    ADS

handcrankywannkyspanky

Status
    lol.yup this has been done to death.Ive never run mine dry, cos of the grief.What car gave this car a range of 800 (yes 800) miles on a tank which is total bull****...in your dreams.My dis tells me a range of 560 when full, but the bong sounds at 410-420 equalling 32 mpg whether i granny it or thrash it.One reason why im considering a 330 beemer for my next car in march.Ive had mine remapped to 200 bhp and i get the same mpg, but more fun.My engine is the ppd not the cr by the way.Oh and the dis lies massively...shows me 40-45mpg which never materialises on fill up.Must admit tho it does love sshell optimax...much crisper.
    Pass me my sock

Want to help cure cancer? http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage