B8 TDI 170CR - MPG?

Addie

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm coming from a B7 2.0 TDI 170 which manages about 42MPG average and maybe a bit more on a run with cruise. Can anyone say if the 2.0 TDI CR 170 lumps in the B8 are any better?

I drove a TDI 140 B8 but was not impressed, seemed even slower then the B7 140 I test drove so that is a no go.

What is the reduction in MPG for Quattro on the B8 - still about 3-4?

Got the feeling nobody knows. I'm interested in knowing this also so will keep checking for updates

Hi,
Had my B8 2.0 TDI 170 lump Avant for a year now (bought when a year old from a main dealer) and am very happy with the car but not happy with the mpg never got over 38mpg on any journey, and that's from an old git over 60 years old, taking life easy. However hard I try cant get over the 38mpg. Have read a few more post on here and there seems to be guys getting a few more MPG but not for me, just over 12t on the clock now so would have thought engine settled down etc.

I've had mine for 3 weeks now and done my first 1000 miles, im on my second "Full" Tank and im averaging 37mpg (Brim to Brim), The DIS is showing 42 so slightly off. This is a mix of town and motorway driving.

Given that i've come from a 2.0TFSI which only ever returned 500 miles to a tank once in it's life driving through france for 8 hours solid at 65mph (it generally returned 26mpg brim to brim), the mpg is better, but im not overly impressed with it my diesel standards. It does drive beautifully though, that low down torque is great, but not as "balls out" as the 2.0TFSI 220bhp quattro